Subject: Anyone know the status of this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I pre-ordered the game from their website so I am not a KS backer and was wondering if any backers have had any Backer Only updates? It looks like it could be a really good game from what I have seen and read.

I backed his Nova Cry which looks to be delivering just after Christmas so I was wondering about this game as I think it ended before Nova Cry.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A July 21 update states they have issues with getting staffing for art, so... plenty of stretch goals that added more decks and thus more art needs. No delivery estimate is forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
An official delay has been just announced. ERA is now slated, as a worst-case scenario, for April 2016. New artist hired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
An official delay has been just announced. ERA is now slated, as a worst-case scenario, for April 2016. New artist hired.

April is worst case, or best case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I have no idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nova Cry is on the boat so I think he's trying. It sounds like all the art and amount of cards got out of hand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I'm hopeful to see the game...someday...but gotta say Steve's future projects are on the same Do Not Back list with FunForge and Game Salute. 2-3 months delay, okay - that happens in the world of international shipping. 6 months, years, and beyond - that means you had no idea what you were getting into when you launched the project, or you did and grossly misled your backers anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the latest update the new release date is around march 2017.

Oh, well... I'll wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A new update. Still March 2017:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eratheboardgame/era-a-3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Gruber
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new update as of today:
"#3: Because of art delays, we are pushing back the delivery date by 3 months, from March to June 2016. I again, apologize for the delays."

WTH! I just want my money back at this point. This is so far behind that he can't even send a proper update. It should say 2017!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh!

Oh well, I'll wait...

Seems to me a "genuine" situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Gruber
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the ~Update~ "When the game gets done, it gets done." WTF kind of update is that? I changed my rating on BGG to a 1 and suggest everyone else do the same to warn any future potential sucker about the unreliability of the creator. At this point art is irrelevant. Paste some words on the damn card and send it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyGr wrote:
From the ~Update~ "When the game gets done, it gets done." WTF kind of update is that? I changed my rating on BGG to a 1 and suggest everyone else do the same to warn any future potential sucker about the unreliability of the creator. At this point art is irrelevant. Paste some words on the damn card and send it out.

No, I disagree.

Also because the phrase "When the game gets done, it gets done" has been taken out of context:

"At this point, I take my own time estimates with a grain of salt. I trust only that I am going to continue to try to make this game as good and as polished as I can, but I do not trust my estimates in how long things will take. Painful as this is to admit, I imagine my backers have even less confidence in my time estimates than I do, and I understand that.

While I will certainly set milestones and timelines for myself, I am not going to continue to post delivery estimates at this point. When the game gets done, it gets done. I make the most progress when I put the axe to the grinder and just stay on top of each individual task week by week, rather than agonizing over whether I am going to yet again disappoint my backers with a missed timeline."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone copy and paste the latest backers only update here please, Those of us who late backed the project out side of KS cannot see it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
Could someone copy and paste the latest backers only update here please, Those of us who late backed the project out side of KS cannot see it

Yep, this is the latest one (sent today):
Two days ago marked our final illustration...the nuclear missile silo (though we still have some clean-up to do). Rather than show you more pictures of the Cold War Deck though, I thought I would share the tuck box descriptions I am working on. They will be printed on the back of each tuck box. These are short 2-4 sentence descriptions that are supposed to provide a thematic and strategic overview of each Era deck, without being too specific. I hope this will be more interesting to those of you that are eager to hear more about the strategic style of play that each deck offers.

We are working on the graphic card layouts still (the illustrative details that go *around* the illustrations, where the stats and symbols of the card will be), and I hope to show you where we are at with that in the next week, regardless of our progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is the previous one, sent on Jan 19 2017:
Hi Era Backers,

Our artist is putting the finishing touches on the Cold War deck, and I've shared a few of the completed illustrations here. Our graphic designer has completed an additional 4 deck designs and has 4 more to go, plus any revisions I ask for. He was unable to complete any work in December due to other projects on his plate. We also have several significant graphic design items to complete--the card layout, the rulebook, the punchouts, and the box. (The rulebook has been written for quite some time, though).

I have to take fault for the many delays this project has had, and continues to have, and I apologize that these long waits are frustrating. When it comes to the "project triangle of priorities" (quality, price, and speed), I have yet to do well in the speed department, always choosing quality over an on-time delivery. I am also always willing to cut profits if it means I can get closer to what I originally envisioned. But this speed bit... I just cannot execute on successfully.

Honestly, I envy project managers that are able to push out quality art in such a time-efficient manner. Even when I do set hard timelines with my freelancers, I inevitably break those timelines and ask for more revisions. I am also not the most reliable when it comes to enforcing schedules, and I am even worse at estimating how long artistic projects will take. Hence, we are into January, but the card layouts are not complete (as I hoped and promised).

At this point, I take my own time estimates with a grain of salt. I trust only that I am going to continue to try to make this game as good and as polished as I can, but I do not trust my estimates in how long things will take. Painful as this is to admit, I imagine my backers have even less confidence in my time estimates than I do, and I understand that.

While I will certainly set milestones and timelines for myself, I am not going to continue to post delivery estimates at this point. When the game gets done, it gets done. I make the most progress when I put the axe to the grinder and just stay on top of each individual task week by week, rather than agonizing over whether I am going to yet again disappoint my backers with a missed timeline. That tendency to agonize often factors into how often I want to communicate via these updates as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's dead Jim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baginses
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
No updates since 3/22/17. He has gone dark again. Maybe he was mercifully struck dead by a freak bus accident... wishful thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls