Eric Bridge
United States
Shawsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get the game, the character add on, and some/all of the adventure packs. There are literally dozens of people trading theirs away right now who seem to be interested in what I have. Is there a way on BGG to propose a trade in BGG to multiple people at one time, or do I just need to go down the list one at a time, let that trade expire, move on to the next, etc.

My fear is that if I proposed individual trades all at the same time, and multiple people accepted, then I would have a serious problem.

Thanks for any advice on the fastest/easiest way to find what I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Whilst I count my schnookels”
mbmbmbmbmb
Your thinking is right. If you propose a trade to multiple people and they all accept, you will have a bunch of unfillable trades. That would be bad.

My recommendation is this: Search for trade matches and then go down the list. Pick someone who is interested in what you want, and who has favorable trade match, then look at the last time they've logged in. It will say so under their name/avatar on the list of trade matches. If they haven't logged in a few days or more, it might show they aren't too active. If they have logged in today or the day before, they're probably pretty active and will have a better chance of responding.

Next, click on their avatar to read their profile. A lot of the time, people have information about trading in their profile and it might tell you some very useful information about trading with that member.

Then, write them a GeekMail, about the trade, before you submit an official trade request. It will give you a chance to work out any details before submitting the official trade request and it won't lock either of you into anything before things are finalized.

It might take a bit, if you have to go through a bunch of members, but most people who like to trade will respond fairly quickly.

My last piece of advice is not to lose any sleep over it. A trade will happen, as long as you work at it.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:

Then, write them a GeekMail, about the trade, before you submit an official trade request. It will give you a chance to work out any details before submitting the official trade request and it won't lock either of you into anything before things are finalized.

So much this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls