Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who won our game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Dougherty
msg tools
Ok so it came down to the final turn. Our player was able to defeat the mastermind before we lost the game. Thing is after we pulled the final tactic card it gave us all a wound which also depleted the wound pile.

My question is did we win right when we defeated the final mastermind card or did we lose because the final effect caused us to run out of wound cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as you beat the Mastermind for the final time you automatically win even if something else happens that wouldve caused a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stubobj wrote:
As soon as you beat the Mastermind for the final time you automatically win even if something else happens that wouldve caused a loss.

Indeed. That's in the rulebook. Game is over as soon as you defeat the tactic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wozniewski wrote:
Ok so it came down to the final turn. Our player was able to defeat the mastermind before we lost the game. Thing is after we pulled the final tactic card it gave us all a wound which also depleted the wound pile.

My question is did we win right when we defeated the final mastermind card or did we lose because the final effect caused us to run out of wound cards?

Were you playing the Legacy Virus scheme? That's the only way I could see you losing for running out of Wounds.

Normally running out of Wound cards does not end the game.

Rule book, page 16 wrote:
Running out of Cards in the Bystander, Wound, or S.H.I.E.L.D. Officer Stacks
If one of these stacks runs out, the game continues. If a player would gain one of these cards, and there aren't any more of that card left in the appropriate stack, then you don't gain that card and the gane continues. Don't take extra copies out of the KO pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:
stubobj wrote:
Indeed. That's in the rulebook. Game is over as soon as you defeat the tactic.
I think it's more accurate to say that the game is won as soon as you defeat the last Tactic card.

Dr. Doom's Mastermind Tactic "Secrets of Time Travel" allows the player who defeats Dr. Doom to take another turn, even if it's the last Tactic, for example.

Refer to page 5 of the FAQ or this post from designer Devin Low. You can download the FAQ here:
Unofficial Collected FAQ, Clarifications, and Errata from the BGG forums with links.

Welcome to the BGG Legendary forum community, Jack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls