Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if heroes from more than one team are in a district during combat? The first "tick" mark under the Multi character combat says that "Combat does not end until either the Lead Villian or all the ready Super Heroes have been defeated"

Does this mean just the Ready Heroes from your team?

Is there a provision for ganging up to defeat a Villian and if so who gets the points? How do you determine which hero fights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who's turn it is to take an action can attempt to solve the headline. If they fail, the other player who's hero is there can decide to solve the headline as their action but it's a separate fight.

Multi-character combat as defined in the rules is more than one hero from "your" team. (p.15)

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not believe that is correct. On page 11 of the rules book under step five of troubleshooting it says that if the superhero was defeated the headline is discarded. So a team on a later turn would not be able to troubleshoot it. But to answer the original question only one team can troubleshoot at a time. That is one of the strategies is making sure u get to the headlines you want to cause you don't want to waste actions by moving around the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
On page 11 of the rules book under step five of troubleshooting it says that if the superhero was defeated the headline is discarded.

This might be a good one for the FAQ. Under the above rule I was making the assumption that there was only one hero or multiple heroes from a single team and the district is left empty after the combat (with only the villain remaining).

Perhaps a better question is if the first hero is defeated, would the other heroes from other teams be able to continue the fight (with the initiative going to the villian after beating the first hero)? In perusing the rules I can't find where the situation in question is covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have multiple heroes from the SAME TEAM in a district, you will decide at the beginning of EACH COMBAT SEQUENCE who from your team is fighting. For example, let's say i have Capt America and Ironman together in a district, and Venom is the Lead Villain. I may choose for Cap to fight first, thus going through the Attack-Defense-Outwit sequence with Cap. Then, before starting the next sequence, I can choose Cap to fight again (if he's still not KO'd), OR I can choose to let Ironman take a whack at Venom. It continues like this, with the hero player choosing who fights from sequence to sequence, until either the Lead Villain is KO'd or all heroes are KO'd.

Note that if there are heroes from DIFFERENT TEAMS in the same district that the team that troubleshoots first is the only one that will get a shot at THAT headline. Headlines are removed after troubleshooting whether the hero wins or not (either the hero scores it or it is discarded).

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what I said above. The rules seem to be clear here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye. There is rarely any reason to move heroes to a district already occupied by another player. I do like the idea as a variant that ready heroes from another team can keep the headline alive if they're already there though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.