Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/oath...

A group of five white men openly carrying "assault" rifles walking around the streets during the protests. While I agree with their right to bear arms, this seems pretty crazy to me. Then again, I bet no one tries to take a shot at them. Maybe it will calm down the idiocy going on in that city a bit now that a a few crazy ass crackers have show up to prove they are way crazier than the protesters are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe it will escalate it when other "community defenders" show up calling themselves (say) the "dark Pussycats" (or something).

OK it's not Cincinnati I agree, so maybe it will not escalate, but I wont hold my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have images finally of these brave heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
A group calling themselves "Oath Keepers" turn out to be so far up themselves they can't see the stupidity of their actions? Colour me shocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh this is priceless

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/11/oath-keepers-...

So it is a right to walk around armed unless your black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Maybe it will calm down the idiocy going on in that city a bit now that a a few crazy ass crackers have show up to prove they are way crazier than the protesters are.

Or maybe they will protect the crazy ass black folks from the crazy ass police force or crazy ass looters ?

Boy after reading their mission statement I can certainly understand why they strike fear into the heart of leftists.

Quote:
The Oath Keepers, founded in 2009, are made up of current and formerly serving military personnel, police officers, and first responders who purport to uphold an oath taken by police and military to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic." At the heart of the group is strong support for Americans' right to bear arms and form militias for self-defense.

The group, which claims to have more than 30,000 members, adheres to 10 "Orders We Will Not Obey" that they see as unconstitutional demands:

We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as "unlawful enemy combatants" or to subject them to military tribunal.
We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a "state of emergency" on a state.
We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on US soil against the American people to "keep the peace" or to "maintain control."
We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
sfox wrote:
Maybe it will calm down the idiocy going on in that city a bit now that a a few crazy ass crackers have show up to prove they are way crazier than the protesters are.

Or maybe they will protect the crazy ass black folks from the crazy ass police force or crazy ass looters ?

Is he from the same group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/OKNational/photos_stream

yes, but don't let that get in the way of a good narrative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

It does not, random Twitter (or facebook posts) say nothing about who posted them.

By you keep on assuming that people will not change their mind if presented with actual evidence, it's what you would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

The fact that they didn't shoot anyone isn't proof of it being a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

You nutters usually hate the police. So here is a private group of citizens that have been well trained and are protecting the citizenry from abuse by the police as well as from any rabble rousers all at no cost to the tax payers and you still complain ?

Is this more about hating the 2nd amendment ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
sfox wrote:

You nutters usually hate the police. So here is a private group of citizens that have been well trained and are protecting the citizenry from abuse by the police as well as from any rabble rousers all at no cost to the tax payers and you still complain ?

What? who is it that posts the most anti-police stories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
sfox wrote:

While I realize you are generally too stupid to tell the difference between the various posters here on RSP, if you could even manage to remember the top post in this thread you'd see that I acknowledge the existence of the second amendment. As I stated in the post, they may have the right to do it, but that doesn't mean they aren't idiots for practicing that right in a very dangerous way.

Furthermore, while you have made it obvious you treat the entire world as 'us vs. them', I'll remind you that on almost every occasion in the past two or three years, I've defended the police in these incidents where a criminal did something stupid and got himself shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read the Guardian article, you'll see that the Oath Keepers said they were there to protect a couple of Infowars "journalists" who were covering the scene. It's not clear how many men with M-15s and body armor were on hand to protect the two bloggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls