1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Update: Pledge Manager and new Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to spend so much time discussing MCG and their latest debacles that I felt it would be nice to talk about the game for a bit... I'd love to go back to the head-scratching over the unclear rules, or drooling over the lovely minis.

They have promised the Pledge Manager will be up soon, and I've no reason to doubt that will be the case. Anyone else thinking of how they are going to spend all that lovely add-on money?

Also, they have some pictures of the JM minis, including the huge Ice Dragon, twice the size of Urulok, and the gorgeous Alania, the mage ally character.

Discuss.

(what do you want to see next? I'd like to see more of the humanoid dragons, now we've seen the commander, and the alternate JM heroes, especially the lady mongoose in her light and dark aspects.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited to see the mongooses as well... heck any of the female sculpts that my wife and daughter play...

I am particularly excited to see the spriggan JM sculpt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very much hoping to see the Cyclops in the PM in some way either as an add on or additional stretch.

I want to see the elemental commander. If I remember right, it's in the elemental module. I don't think there has even been a sketch off it released yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The longer the pledge manager takes, the more money I am able to spend.
They can take as long as they like.

I'm happy to see anything, really. I like the style of the whole thing top to bottom. The models are also some of the most fun I've had painting miniatures in a long time.

To me, it doesn't matter much how long they take, or what they show. It'll get here eventually, and I'll have fun with it.
That's really what's most important to me at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as they keep sending an update every few weeks I'm happy. Even if there are no pictures of minis, I am happy to hear how things are progressing.

On the subject of what I would like to see, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the JM Hero sculpts, or the thieves.

It would also be fun to see some of the artwork for the cards or rulebook, even if it is just a WIP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see the slimes next. I'm interested in seeing whether they did those sculpts more traditionally, or digitally like the clockwork. I'd also like to see their layouts for the new modules, see the kind of stuff they're throwing in. Hopefully tons of fluff and surprise allies/quests and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to add I want to see the elder tree sculpt! Should be nice and imposing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always want more reptiles.

Like the new ones in the module. At the very least I can see myself getting the dragon people set.

Just makes me sad that we're stuck with furry heroes instead of scaly ones (although I am quite curious what that mongoose will look like in the new jobs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My old group moved onto shadows of brimstone so myth hadn't seen much gameplay. But I just did a game session with the 2.0 rules with a group I am newer to. Everyone loved it and wants to do a campaign. We decided to wait until journeyman comes out. Very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSgt Keats
msg tools
From top to bottom
The ice dragon is huge!! From snout to tail he takes up like 7 squares! I think his base is 3x3. It looks like the kragons from borderlands 1.5, and I like it. "that scrote sack got big!"

The mage ally - I like the texture and details in the robe. I don't like the left shoe much (from model's left)

Elementalist - I hate to say it but I'm tired of painting pouches on minis, at least his arms are clear of them so they will be easier to paint.

Earth form is bad ass.

Firebourne minion looks too blobby on the back and I hope more definition will be added.

Firebourne commander looks great, I'm not sold on a dual wielding whip character though.
Dragon Knight and singer both look amazing.

Rustysprocket looks about as expected, would like to see the back and (I know this contradicts what I said earlier) more items hanging from his belt

This topic kinda brought me back to the focus of this subforum - there's a game involved here, not just a company! I may just download 2.0 and put Myth on the table today - Zcide 3 and SDE have dominated the table recently and I don't think I've played Myth in 2015.
Thanks Marcus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
TSgtKeats wrote:
I may just download 2.0 and put Myth on the table today - Zcide 3 and SDE have dominated the table recently and I don't think I've played Myth in 2015.

Love to hear what you think once you give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
My old group moved onto shadows of brimstone so myth hadn't seen much gameplay. But I just did a game session with the 2.0 rules with a group I am newer to. Everyone loved it and wants to do a campaign. We decided to wait until journeyman comes out. Very excited.

From all accounts (I don't have the game) Shadows of Brimstone is also fun to play... just a different play experience from Myth. I'd love to play both, but can't afford it right now as my local currency has dropped to an all-time low vs. the dollar.

Oh, well... there's so much game play in Myth I shouldn't complain, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Here’s my take on the update and the images included. DucanMarcus, thanks for posting this thread.

Ice Dragon

Agree with others, this puppy is pretty big. As Urlock was/is a 4-Skull boss, I can’t imagine how powerful this more mature dragon is going to be. Clearly this won’t work on smaller tiles and probably is reserved for 12x12 or 12x24 tiles. It makes me wonder if our JM upgraded heroes will have a chance against him/her.

I backed the Bones III kickstarter and they had a figure that was similar to the Ice Dragon called Marthrangul.

Looks to be somewhat similarly sized too. Just thought I'd share the image.

Alania – Ally

Now here’s an interesting nugget – Kenny’s BGG handle is “Alania”. I wonder what the connection is here? I seem to recall the guys commenting on where Sir Archeron came from but don’t recall Alania. Anyone know?

For the record, I think Tom Mason’s sculpts are top notch. Most everything he’s produced is excellent.

I am just "okay" on the figure/ally. Nothing overly exciting and a standard fantasy type model. I think the right hand pose looks a little odd but again, this is just a nit.

Elementalist - Journeyman Apprentice (Dark)

What’s on his arms? Is this indicating he’s got a partial Earth Form happening all the time? If so, I hope we see some sort of story explaining this change and why/how this happened. I’d hate to see a story telling opportunity lost. Understanding how our heroes go from Novice to Journeyman and what choices drive them down dark or light paths seem like important plot points in the evolution of our heroes. I hope this isn’t something left up to us (the community), especially if the sculpts reflect some permanent physical changes.

Tom’s captured a “dark” pose here for sure. I like it.

The Elementalist's earth form

This guy is a beast. Looks great and should be pretty fun to paint.

Firebourne Commander

I like his whips! I envision these things to be lava black like creatures – something like this below.

Dragon Knight – Captain

I don’t remember seeing much of these in the KS campaign (actually, I remember nothing at all if I think back …. Must be getting old). I like the look of this species and look forward to the lore surrounding them.

Prof. Rustysprocket - Clockwork Boss

I am not a fan of this race so my feelings on this boss are more in the “meh” category. Unless this is absolutely essential, I probably won’t even paint these. I don’t play the trickster and have no investment into this race or story at all. Maybe the JM release and lore will change my mind, who knows.

Overall it feels like the JM content is coming along nicely. I wonder out loud how far along the modules are. I know it takes a ton of creativity to produce those along with all the other quest/trap/etc. content and imagine they’ve only scratched the surface of this content.

Something I’d love to see more information on is the Hardback book. I have plenty of funds in the KS to acquire, but I simply don’t know what depth of information is included. Since it sounds like the PM is about to open, I doubt we’ll see much more detail.

It would be nice if MegaCon did some sort of community outreach initiative during the PM so we can have a bit more information in a timely manner – even if it’s just on their site or only here through Alex. They are pretty good at communicating when collecting funds, so I expect we’ll see some level of engagement soon.

Edit: Get your people right, MMI - it was Marcus that started this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:

Elementalist - Journeyman Apprentice (Dark)

What’s on his arms? Is this indicating he’s got a partial Earth Form happening all the time? If so, I hope we see some sort of story explaining this change and why/how this happened. I’d hate to see a story telling opportunity lost. Understanding how our heroes go from Novice to Journeyman and what choices drive them down dark or light paths seem like important plot points in the evolution of our heroes. I hope this isn’t something left up to us (the community), especially if the sculpts reflect some permanent physical changes.

Tom’s captured a “dark” pose here for sure. I like it.

I believe that one arm is partial earth form, the other is partial fire form. Just like the concept art:

Mistermannindy wrote:

I don’t remember seeing much of these in the KS campaign (actually, I remember nothing at all if I think back …. Must be getting old). I like the look of this species and look forward to the lore surrounding them.

I don't remember these either. I think that they may come with the razorfiendlings? The stretch goal says "Razorfiendlings & Dragonscale Knights"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:

Firebourne Commander

I like his whips! I envision these things to be lava black like creatures – something like this below.

I envision the firebourne more overtly flaming, at least on the head. It looks to me as if the head is engulfed in flames, with the hair like tongues of flame streaming back. At least, that is how the sculpt suggests to me. The face I would paint as if you could see it through a thin veil of flame. It would end up being very bright, yellowish. Like basically the suggestion of facial features, viewed through a hot fire (or inside of a fire).

The body I would envision more like the example you posted. Like rocky, cooling lava, the sculpt suggests kind of a rockiness if you look at the arms. And are those goat hooves? Guess that would be thematic for demons.

Not sure what to think of the clockwork either, but they could be really fun to paint. Lots of textures on the metal surfaces possible. I cold see rust and scrapes making the stuff look very real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:

They have promised the Pledge Manager will be up soon, and I've no reason to doubt that will be the case.

My apologies if this is obvious - I just got into the game (total newbie) - but will the pledge manager be open to new pledges or do you have to have pledged originally to participate? Thanks in advance for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:
Marcus the Ready wrote:

They have promised the Pledge Manager will be up soon, and I've no reason to doubt that will be the case.

My apologies if this is obvious - I just got into the game (total newbie) - but will the pledge manager be open to new pledges or do you have to have pledged originally to participate? Thanks in advance for the info!

You had to have pledged at the $6 tier at least in order to be invited to the pledge manager, unfortunately. You could try piggy-backing on someone else's pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Strom40 wrote:
Marcus the Ready wrote:

Megacon has stated that this PM is closed and will not entertain new backers. I don't understand why, but that's their stance right now.

They still have time to change their minds....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Here’s my take on the update and the images included. Ducan, thanks for posting this thread.

I think I've said this before, MM - Duncan is awesome, but I'm not him

And yes, I'm very much looking forward to the artbook and the expansion of Myth's lore. I think they have a potentially-great product here, something that feels refreshingly different from most fantasy games. Unique, almost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:

Megacon has stated that this PM is closed and will not entertain new backers. I don't understand why, but that's their stance right now.

MM has the right of it, alas.

I wish they would open it to more people.

If nothing else, I want that Cyclops in the stretch goals!

And I want games in the hands of gamers, not some e-bay scalper selling their pledge for 5 times what they paid for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:

Now here’s an interesting nugget – Kenny’s BGG handle is “Alania”. I wonder what the connection is here? I seem to recall the guys commenting on where Sir Archeron came from but don’t recall Alania. Anyone know?

Pretty sure that Alania and Talsia (in the Agents) were former PCs in a D&D game played by the Mercs guys. The Two Fathers are real role-playing Catholic priests, of course. And Sir Archeron was the PC of a friend who sadly took his own life.

I really enjoyed the snippets of info during the KS. It humanised the Myth guys a lot. I started to see them as gamers, guys like us, who made mistakes but were driven by a love of games, rather than the snarky, overly-defensive Howard Roarke types they sometimes appeared to be.

Handled right, better communication could help us meet in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Brehm
msg tools
mbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:

MM has the right of it, alas.

I wish they would open it to more people.

If nothing else, I want that Cyclops in the stretch goals!

And I want games in the hands of gamers, not some e-bay scalper selling their pledge for 5 times what they paid for it

I'm actually really glad they aren't opening the PM. I think when companies open up their PM (at KS prices), they do a lot of damage to KS and their own retail sales.

MCG releases KS games at a super steep discount, and they need to be able to reliably release into retail channels. Other companies rely on bundling (Reaper), or don't discount quite so much (Queen/CMON) to protect retail sales.

Companies can't get their product on FLGS shelves (and in new customers eyes) if they've just finished a massive sale giving all prospective customers a crack at the content for far cheaper than the FLGS.

Additionally, by opening up PMs to later sales, they damage their ability to raise funds during their next KS. I could back now, or I COULD wait for 6 months and back then. This delays the infusion of cash until after significant chunks of the dev bills have been paid, when the money isn't as useful.

You say scalpers selling for multiples of what they pledged for, but the scalpers aren't going to get more than fair market value for the product, and oftentimes less (see bundling, above). What scalpers do, is give money to the company when they need it (before production) in the form of a loan whose interest comes in reduced later sales (because whoever buys from the scalper isn't buying retail.)

Scalping is really only a valid term when the scalper is buying something that another person would have bought. In the realm of KS, this doesn't apply, because there's no real product limits on anything. The only reason to worry about scalpers on KS is if there are enough of them to seriously warp a companies predictions on how many retail copies to order. Since MCG apparently sold all or a vast majority of their retail copies, not a problem here.

My .02

Edit :

One more thing. The scalper never ends up with the product. It always goes to someone willing to pay for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I'm going to have soooooo many miniatures to paint I'll never finish! I'm working on my Super Dungeon Explore minis right now and I really want to finish up as much as I can before my Myth stuff starts showing up on my doorstep. Plus I have Ninja All-Stars on the way and Middara as well....Yikes! Still, even if I'm not done other projects, I will still paint the heroes for Myth right away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Like others mentioned above, the freqeuncy of updates is of no concern at this point to me as long as we're still getting productive and positive information when they do come.

That being said, I'd love to hear more on what content the modules themselves will have including the possibilities of branching quest/storylines, more mythos, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They wiffed on their initial retail by only selling items that already came in the base game. KS backers had plenty of crawlers and grubbers and non kickstarter backers just purchased an extra base box from coolstuff for $40. This left a lot of overpriced plastic sitting in the shelves.

My FLGS still has crawlers and grubbers available and although they sold some Orcneas and Skeletons, I don't think they plan on stocking any more Myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |