Subject: The Cardboard Console -Episode 40 - Recapisode 4! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Simpson
United Kingdom
Cambs
flag msg tools
mb
This week we have our fourth recap episode where we look back over the last four game play episodes to talk about the games and wildcard picks that have stayed with us and continued to impact us. We also talk about our future gaming goals from the previous recap episode and whether or not we achieved them, then set ourselves new goals for the next ten weeks. We also announce our latest giveaway for a free iOS copy of the app Scoregeek! See the competitions page for more details.

Visit www.cardboardconsole.co.uk to listen to the show on the website. Or alternatively you can find the show on iTunes and most Android Podcasting apps.

Buh Bye and thanks for listening!

Show Notes

The Dicebreaker
Matt 16 / Andy 13

Games & Wildcard Recap - 02:52

Previous Goals - 53:13

New Goals - 01:05:41

Giveaway Time! Get a free iOS copy of Scoregeek right now! - 01:10:10

Music for the show is provided by Bensound & Eric Skiff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome episode!

i must have missed episode 32, but i would be curious if when playing stronghold, do u have trouble with the rules, how did u learn to play the game and do u modify any of the rules?
i havent played it years, but when i did we always avoided the battering ram, as that seemed an impossible way to win...

cheers
-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United Kingdom
Cambs
flag msg tools
mb
Hi James,

It did take a few learning games to get my head around it. Youtube a guy called Rahdo. He does excellent learning videos. "Rahdo Runs Through Stronghold)"

Also I printed off tip sheets, for the attacker and defender which helps. All on BGG

Now that I have learnt the game, I can teach it allot easier. My biggest suggestion, do not leave it too long between playing it, as you can possibly forget things.

I have not tried the battering ram yet, but I will next time playing it.

Glad you liked episode 40!

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls