Subject: Dan Hogan's Customs: Doc Green (Playable Hero) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another hero we might or might not get in the expansion, but I had some fun ideas for him, so I made him anyway (I probably won't print him through Artscow though).

His theme is manipulation of Hulk Rampages and Hulks, which is very in-character. Doc Green makes it his mission to get rid of other Hulks. The first common will make you very unpopular with your teammates but the second common will let you eliminate a few wounds if it suits you. In solo, you can choose to gain the wound from the Rampage too. Obviously he'll be much more fun with other versions of himself, but overall I think it's a great twist on the Hulk-centric themes from the game.

If you liked this and want more of my custom work, feel free to check out my custom database:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1383720/dan-hogans-custom-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So much love! Would you ever consider doing A-Bomb at some point? Me and my Legendary buddies are surprised he hasn't been done yet aha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gremlinator wrote:
So much love! Would you ever consider doing A-Bomb at some point? Me and my Legendary buddies are surprised he hasn't been done yet aha.

Which one? Blonsky or Jones? I've thought of making Blonsky, but lack of a clear team affiliation (he's never been a Master of Evil canonically in the comics) and difficulty finding unique Hulky mechanics has held me back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jones mostly, but Blonsky is another we've noticed. Fair point on the reasons held back though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gremlinator wrote:
Jones mostly, but Blonsky is another we've noticed. Fair point on the reasons held back though.

The main driving force for me making Doc Green was to fill out the Illuminati and the Rampage stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Davenport
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly off topic, but in theme, I'd rather see Jones. Also, this thread had me excited for Doc Samson. Bait and Switch I see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with Cross Dimensional Rampage, Always Angry seems OP at 3. I'd make it a cost of 4 at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree. Changed in OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Cram
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
thedaninblack wrote:
Gremlinator wrote:

Which one? Blonsky or Jones? I've thought of making Blonsky, but lack of a clear team affiliation (he's never been a Master of Evil canonically in the comics) and difficulty finding unique Hulky mechanics has held me back.

I don't know about the mechanics, but what about using the old Incredible Hulk cartoon as inspiration and having a Gamma Warriors team including Leader, Gargoyle, Ogress, Harpy, and of course, Abomination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Diskhotep wrote:
thedaninblack wrote:
Gremlinator wrote:

I don't know about the mechanics, but what about using the old Incredible Hulk cartoon as inspiration and having a Gamma Warriors team including Leader, Gargoyle, Ogress, Harpy, and of course, Abomination?

In my head I have a few hypothetical teams. "Gamma World" is one of them, w/ some of those characters. Iron Foes is another w/ the Ten Rings symbol as their badge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is my vote, the cartoon stars Hulk, She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Red Hulk, Skaar, and Devil Dinosaur. And everyone knows Hulks (and She-Hulks) like to SMASH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Davenport
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, while getting these prepped for printing, I noticed the uncommon border seems to be slightly off, leaving a slight 'dead space' along the right edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Yikes! Doc Green makes the normal Hulk seem almost pleasant!

This is good and then some!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls