casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Poll
  skip agree disagree
i think sexual education should be taught to every child regardless of their parents approval
i want every health insurance plan to cover contraceptives for women up to 21 years of age
i am for the death penalty
i love to eat sentient creatures (tasty animals)
i have the right to kill a burglar who breaks into my home
i believe a two-parent household is the ideal environment for children to grow up in
i approve the adoption of children by gay/lesbian married couples
i believe post-secondary education and health care should be provided by the state for any person up to 25 years of age
i want the socially disenfranchised (sick poor elderly disabled ...) to be supported via income taxes
i believe that unemployment benefits do more harm than good
i think a persons income should be proportional to his or her education skills and performance
i believe that labor rights are a burden on the economy
i would deport all illegal immigrants
i think the usa should support poor countries via foreign aid
i would support a military strike against iran to prevent them from developing a nuclear bomb
i would restrict public roads to self-driving cars once they are proven to significantly reduce traffic accidents and jams
i would rather die than accept medical treatment developed thru research on aborted baby parts
      24 answers
Poll created by single sentences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you trying to identify with this poll?

the answers to a vast majority of your questions are "it depends" - this whole idea of trying to make things black and white when reality is a horrible messy grey gets you no where.

for example - "i want the socially disenfranchised (sick poor elderly disabled ...) to be supported via income taxes" In the abstract, yes I am behind this. But then you get into - what is "supported" who qualifies for disenfranchised?" Is there a requirement for those who could transition out to try and do so?

No different than me saying I like dogs - but that !#@!@#( Lab that craps in my front lawn on a weekly basis - hate that mother....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
you can give long answers in this thread if you want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

I have to concur that many of those questions my real answer is it depends.

For example I said I agree on Sex Education... but my real answer is it depends on what is included in "Sex Education" AND what age it is being given.

I don't think Kindergarten is the right place to talk about the details of intercourse nor masturbation as a way to sexual fulfillment, but I think EVERY high school aged kid should get as a minimum a comprehensive biological overview of reproduction INCLUDING ALL known birth control options and their pros and cons, presented more than once over the 4 years of high school.

How I feel about any particular Sex Ed program and if the parents should have the right to opt their kids out depends on where any specific program falls between those two extremes.

Many of the other questions left me with a similar quandary so I answered them assuming a "middle of the road" reasonable option was what was being discussed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting and I'm not going to mess with it.

Any poll can be quibbled with. I think it's impossible to write any quibble proof large poll.

I appreciate those gave it their best shot to answer what they thought the poll was shooting for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think sexual education should be taught to every child regardless of their parents approval - Sort of. Age is a factor. I would love to have the primary focus be the emotional factor of sex rather than just the "how to" and carrying around a fake baby for a week. But I would say that there would have to be a more significant objection than just "God says my kid will be abstinent so they don't need to take it."

i want every health insurance plan to cover contraceptives for women up to 21 years of age - Poorly written; I don't understand this one. You want insurance to cover contraceptives for kids on their parents' dime? Sincere confusion, not some incredulous "You couldn't possibly be saying this" faux-disbelief.

i am for the death penalty - Yes, but I think the bar for it should be raised. It needs to be even more super-beyond-a-doubt-ier than simply convicting a person.

i love to eat sentient creatures (tasty animals) - Yes. Just not while they are sentient. I'm not joining a frat.

i have the right to kill a burglar who breaks into my home - The right? Yes. The capability? Not a chance. But if someone is in my home, I have no idea if they are just there for my iPad and copper wiring or something more nefarious. And I don't think people should have to wait to find out for certain before acting.

i believe a two-parent household is the ideal environment for children to grow up in - Totally agree. But oh, what a clever set-up you've managed here.... I totally don't see the next bit coming. My surprise face is in the on-deck circle.

i approve the adoption of children by gay/lesbian married couples - No and yes. No, I don't approve of it based on my own personal morals. Yes, the law says they can, so let them.

i believe post-secondary education and health care should be provided by the state for any person up to 25 years of age - No. I believe that the cycle of poverty needs to be broken before it gets to college. Also, I believe that college needs to be more affordable and accessible. But it shouldn't be given for free. That would just take the cost in the opposite direction.

i want the socially disenfranchised (sick poor elderly disabled ...) to be supported via income taxes - Sick, yes. Disabled, yes. Poor... sort of. Show you are at least working to be not-poor. Elderly? Not as much. They had a lifetime to save for retirement. If they spent their whole life... say... living off the government dime in order to do drugs and knowingly look forward to being of no benefit to society whatsoever, then I don't see why they deserve my money just because they managed by some miracle to survive until they are wrinkly.

i believe that unemployment benefits do more harm than good - No. But I also don't believe that they do more good than harm. I believe they are a necessity, but that it doesn't come baggage-free.

i think a persons income should be proportional to his or her education skills and performance - Absolutely. Of course, life isn't fair and sometimes people who are dim and without skill but highly ambitious manage to con their way above their talent, leaving those who truly merit recognition and reward to wallow below their station. But in general, yes. Tell me, what's the alternative, and how does thinking this should be the case show that I truly have a disdain for life?

i believe that labor rights are a burden on the economy - Labor rights? No. Labor unions? Hellz yeah. If unions were just about enforcing labor rights, I'd be 100% for them. But they aren't.

i would deport all illegal immigrants - Nope. The ugly truth neither side wants to talk about is that an economy like ours needs a source of cheap labor for some jobs. Make the process to come here easier, ensure that the money they make gets taxed into the system, and then maybe after that we can talk about getting rid of the freeloader immigrants. But for now, let them stay.

i think the usa should support poor countries via foreign aid - Only if there is a demonstrative benefit to US interests. But the one thing I would like to see in this regard is to find a way to limit US companies setting up shop in poor countries and extracting their wealth and shipping it back stateside. Don't necessarily give them handouts, but first, do no harm.

i would support a military strike against iran to prevent them from developing a nuclear bomb - Nope. I don't think diplomatic efforts are anywhere close to done. But I also think we'll see some sort of action taken, but not by us. I recall Israel launched a military strike some 30 or so years back to take out another nation's developing nuclear capability. It was 30 years ago, so maybe I am totally misremembering it. But I can see a non-US nation doing something about it.

i would restrict public roads to self-driving cars once they are proven to significantly reduce traffic accidents and jams - Gee, why do you hate poor people, telling them they can't get to work unless they buy a new car they can't possibly afford? Oh wait, let me guess... the government should buy everyone a car.

i would rather die than accept medical treatment developed thru research on aborted baby parts - Donated for research, not sold for-profit.

And here, have a poll question back:
Poll
I believe people deserve to have their higher education subsidized by the government even though they squander the opportunity to simply use drugs and hope to ruin themselves to needing further subsidizing in their middle years instead of using what others paid for to give back to society.
My life makes my answer clear
This is only because the poll requires a second answer
      5 answers
Poll created by GameCrossing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sex ed for young children is basically teaching them the difference between good touches and bad touches and what to do if someone tries to or does touch them in a way that is a bad touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Sex ed for young children is basically teaching them the difference between good touches and bad touches and what to do if someone tries to or does touch them in a way that is a bad touch.

Our sensitive issues curriculum (4th grade) covers family relationships, gender and gender roles in society, exploitation and manipulation (in regards to good touch/bad touch), and friendship.

5th grade gets into puberty issues, AIDS and blood borne diseases...and some other stuff.

To opt out, parents have to preview the material and sign off...our district allows partial opt out, and some parents prefer to do some topics on their own.

My personal feelings are that parents are in charge of their children's education, and if they object to something they can remove their child.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls