Subject: Need to thin out my game collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite sure I follow what you're suggesting. It that the game only, the game and shipping, something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokyo Express?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would be way too simplistic.

You have a lot of older games ... You are not going to get much for them.

Why not sell on eBay or sell them on BGG at the going rate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't we all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kjuice wrote:
I was thinking that I could offers games at double post rate. That would make most average games 30 to 50 dollars. What does the community think?
So it would be, purchase what you want, and pay for shipping cost X 2.

If you are going to do that there's a bunch of desert themed games I want from your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kjuice wrote:
I was thinking that I could offers games at double post rate. That would make most average games 30 to 50 dollars. What does the community think?

if you want to get rid of your games fast do like I did: offer the games for free and pay for the postage too. Warning: it might become quite expensive, (400 games and counting, but not all were shipped by mail).

if not I think that double the shipping fee is reasonable, it will pay for the packaging and handling, unless you send the games to really expensive locales, then I would charge lower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Lewis
United States
West Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
designer
Victory By Any Means
badge
"Fear God and Dread Nought"
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see a few I would jump for that kind of deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
kjuice wrote:

if you want to get rid of your games fast do like I did: offer the games for free and pay for the postage too. Warning: it might become quite expensive, (400 games and counting, but not all were shipped by mail).

if not I think that double the shipping fee is reasonable, it will pay for the packaging and handling, unless you send the games to really expensive locales, then I would charge lower.

How did that not make it into the hot deals forum!?

On point with this thread, if you decide to do this, I'd be curious about what Field Commander would run, if that's one you were planning on thinning out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting rid of games is harder than I thought.

I've recently offered some 2-for-1 trades where the value of my two exceed the value of the one (my 2 were on their want in trade list, and their 1 was on their for trade list) and I've had responses saying that's still not enough.

I think a lot of people overvalue their games in hand. Makes trading somewhat difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sands of War expansion I would be interested in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:

I think a lot of people overvalue their games in hand.

Very true. Especially since they want to get rid of these games! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you ship to Europe at all? Is shipping with the Canadian Post as bad as with USPS...?

I see a few interesting ones, Sands of war including the expansion among them... How does shipping scale with multiple games/box sizes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both "Wilson's Creek" and "Cedar Mountain" are good games. Are you just done with that system?

Not sure why you would want to trade away "Flat Top" when you've given it a 9.5 rating. When I rate a game that high, I keep it!

Re the way people value their games: I used to want $200 USD for my copy of "Campaign for North Africa" because that's how much it was worth to me, i.e., that's how much it would take to make me feel OK about losing that amazing collector's item from my collection. And I was really thinking about playing it too. But I finally told the guy who is selling my games to just get whatever the market would bear for my copy of CNA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a number of your games (based on your trade list) at 2X the shipping (as the total cost). Of course, I'm in Canada as well, so the shipping costs would be less than elsewhere.

Geekmail me when you post your list for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barton Campbell
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need to expand my game collection, not. But .. gnashing of teeth ... so many games I want.
We're like sharks who smell blood. Lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:

I think a lot of people overvalue their games in hand. Makes trading somewhat difficult.

This.

Here's a nice trick I've noticed over the years - but it only works in high population density areas : people are lazy, they don't want to package a game and go to the post office so if you offer to drive to their place to do the exchange or buy with cash they're much more likely to say yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
FuManchu wrote:

This.

Here's a nice trick I've noticed over the years - but it only works in high population density areas : people are lazy, they don't want to package a game and go to the post office so if you offer to drive to their place to do the exchange or buy with cash they're much more likely to say yes.

Good advice, but the OP lives in Brandon Manitoba. Opposite of population density area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls