Subject: BSG XXX - Carry On, Wayward Son rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
6-Player Very Weird Game to Ionian Earth

This game is going to be bad. And weird. And most likely VERY unbalanced. But we'll try anyway.

Special Game Rules:
d10-1 The destination is Ionian Earth. This means that we'll have the Demetrius, Rebel Basestar and Allies. We'll reach Crossroads at distance 10, then one last jump to Earth.

d10-2 We'll use the Complex Destiny rules; This means that 3 of each deck will be shuffled into the Destiny, and it'll be refilled and rebuilt when it reaches 6 cards.

d10-3 We'll use the Flaws rules; Each character receives a Flaw in the beginning of the game. If he can keep it hidden until distance 6, he can choose to reveal it for a special ability. If he's forced to reveal it later, he gains a permanent drawback. In spite of that, we'll ALSO be using Personal Goals and Final Five cards

d10-4 Whenever a player receives a You ARE a Cylon card, he draws 2 Cylon Leader Motive cards. He must fulfill at least one of them to win the game. The Cylon Player doesn't have to publicly reveal his motive, even if it's one of the motives that are revealed during the game. Note that multiple players can have the same motives (even between Cylons/Cylon Leader). But a player cannot have more than 1 copy of the same motive.

d10-5 If a player is on a Viper Mark II, Mark VII or Assault Raptor and the Viper/AR is destroyed (instead of damaged), there's a die roll. On a result of 1, that character dies (as in Executed). This can be planned or calculated to be avoided entirely.

d10-6 If you choose any version of a character who has an alternate version (Apollo, Zarek, Baltar or Helo) you can announce BEFORE receiving new loyalties during sleeper that you want to switch to your alternate self (leave a CO for that). You have to discard all your skill cards upon doing so.

d10-7 After everybody selected their main characters, each player will secretly choose a secondary character (sent to me by Geekmail). This character will be your Alter Ego. Yeah, each player has two identities on this game.... Anyway, at any time during the game you can use a Miracle token to use the secondary character's OPG or OPT. If two or more players choose the same secondary character and one of them uses a Miracle (as explained above), the second player can no longer use that character's power. And one last thing... if a player is executed, he'll come back as the secondary character, on Sickbay, provided that character is still available. The alternate personality "won over" after a huge trauma that led to the first character's "near-death experience".

d10-8 We'll use the Cylon Fleet as usual

d10-9 A potential Cylon Leader can also have an alter ego, at his discretion. However that character's drawback would ALSO count. And a Cylon Leader can switch to it's secondary character upon sleeper, before receiving new loyalties. In either case the secondary character will start on the Resurrection Ship (even if the Cylon Leader was infiltrating).

d10-1d10-0 I will ONLY process actions if they come accompanied with at least a couple of lines of flavor. Bonus geekgold for using cool/relevant images. So make them count!

d10-1d10-1 Cain's OPG will jump to the first non-scouted destination

d10-1d10-2 We'll use alternate trauma drawing; Traumas from the Sickbay are drawn immediately upon entering, and Traumas from the Brig are drawn at the end of the turn (after the Prepare for Jump phase)

d10-1d10-3 If an unrevealed Cylon is executed, the player responsible for the execution (either the person who activated the Airlock, or made the decision on the Crisis, or played the Quorum, or whatever) can play a Major Victory card to try to gain morale. In any case, if the unrevealed Cylon still has his Miracle, the President can give this Miracle to another human player who don't have a Miracle token.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This game preamble is based on GerryRailBaron/fizzmore works. So thank you guys for all the hard work! It surely helps a lot

If you find out I made any mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me!

The following standard rules apply:

d10-1 You must subscribe to this thread. I prefer to play fast games whenever possible. You have to check at least once a day. More, if you have the time. I'm on GMT-3, and I will probably have access all through the day and a few hours during the night, during weekdays. During weekends I will update the game once or twice a day. If you have to leave for a period of time, no problems, life happens! Just don't let us hanging and notify us that you will be away for a few days.

d10-2 All players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

d10-3 Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread.

d10-4 Start your geekmail subject line with "BSG 500 - " and your character name.

d10-5 Send me COs whenever possible. COs are only valid when sent through geekmail (COs on the forum thread will be ignored).

d10-6 Please use the following posting conventions:
* Normal text for discussions.
* Italics for flavor texts.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail.

If using a smart phone or other digital device that makes the above difficult, then please start with the line:

Bold: Name

d10-7 Make clear in each post who your character is by posting a banner or other character image at the top of your post. Great banners are available at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42419/item/1018128?com... (use the "medium" option to display them). If you find using a banner is too much of a hassle (or you are on your phone), at least list your character name at the top of your post.

============================================================

Standing Assumptions for Interrupts:

d10-1 Pass on any you don't have, but don't tell the thread until almost finished to hide the fact you haven't got it.

d10-2 Strategic Planning:
- Pass on Launch Scout if there are 2 or more Raptors.
- Pass on Cylon Attacks, Actions, etc.
- Pass on Viper Attacks vs Raiders & Basestars

d10-3 Evasive Maneuver:
Pass on EVERY use unless:
- YOU are in the viper being hit
- the viper is shielding a civilian from IMMEDIATE attack
- a viper is about to be destroyed (not damaged)

d10-4 Declare Emergency:
- Pass if you are the Target of Admiral's Quarters or Airlock
- Pass if you played skill cards against the check

Multiple offers may mean that current player will decide which one to use.

Or better: Get those Standing CO's in!

============================================================

Tanking skill checks:

When calling for interrupts on a skill check, you may also respond with "TANK" instead of pass. "TANK" means:

- I pass on playing interrupts
AND
- I want to pass on playing into the check if everyone else also tanks

Note that if you want, you can give me a private CO to play into a check even if you publicly state "TANK". If you do so and everyone else tanks, I'll stop the skill check right after you've played into the check and we'll continue manually from there.

Most important of all, have fun! If you're not having fun, you may be replaced. Yeah, that's a rule! :-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG 500 - Carry On, Wayward Son
You get thumbs for the name!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game WILL MOST LIKELY be unbalanced, weird and we'll all forget about the rules all the time, but I do hope it will be fun. I will invite for this game some people here that are usually very responsive on my games and that I suspect enjoy some weird stuff (boardgame-related, you dirty mind geeks!).

So the invitees are:

rdonoso
Mike_Bonn
wcboy18
Arcadious
ed_hennessy
RyanC77

If this game is a success (I very, VERY highly doubt it) I'll do more on the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a bad idea. It will probably end in tears.

When do we start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the flavor I'm talking about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the invitees: There are a few alternates that are also very responsive on my games, in case any of the invitees realize this is too much a waste of time, so don't feel bad if you want to/have to skip the boat. I'm just not listing them here because.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far we have 3 wackos players that are on board:

rdonoso
Mike_Bonn
RyanC77
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

I am interested. My sister is getting married this weekend, so I may get off to a slow start, if that is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems. I'll be kinda slow at moderating myself for the foreseeable future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I... I'm intrigued. You have me if you need an alternate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamethrower49 wrote:
I... I'm intrigued. You have me if you need an alternate.

Believe or not, you're the first choice for alt ahhaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
How long do I have to decide to play? I'm really tempted, but I'm waiting to hear back on a job I interviewed for, and I'm feeling a bit game saturated as I'm involved in 8 PBFs already (modding 2 BSG, playing 3 BSG, & playing 3 AGoT). I'll be hearing back on the job Wednesday or Thursday this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
"Crash and Burn" comes to mind after reading the weird game rules. Dan, you may wish to consider tweaking some of the normal rules for the revealed Cylons to help balance out the human handicap.

Some ideas comes to mind ...

If the unrevealed Cylon is in the Brig when he reveals, then his next turn is skipped.

If the unrevealed Cylon is outed by execution, one of his future actions in the game can be countermanded by a human player at a cost of the human player using his Miracle Token. The Human Player can clear the board (Sector 1-6) off all Cylon Ships and place all the Cylon Ships in the Cylon Fleet Board and the Pursuit Track is reset to the Start position.

If the unrevealed Cylon is outed by execution and he still has a Miracle Token, the President can take the unused Miracle Token and give it to another human player. The assigned Miracle Token can only go to a human player that already expended his Miracle Token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we can wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I'll give these ideas some thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the allies, if one of our alter-egos appears as an ally, the ally is changed or kept ?

Rule 10 is something like this:

"Adama thought about it and decided it was time to act: he reached command and, using the cord, ordered Dee to move the civilians." (Move to Command, Play 1-XO on Dee)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella Sloane
msg tools
mb
OMG. This sounds ridiculous and super fun. I am subscribing to this thread just to lurk.

There'll be peace when you are done...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds fun, but shouldn't it be listed as a variant game (numbered beginning with a V and typically listed in the Exodus Play by Forum subforum)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike_Bonn wrote:
About the allies, if one of our alter-egos appears as an ally, the ally is changed or kept ?

Rule 10 is something like this:

"Adama thought about it and decided it was time to act: he reached command and, using the cord, ordered Dee to move the civilians." (Move to Command, Play 1-XO on Dee)

The ally is silently changed.

About rule 10: That's the idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BosonMichael wrote:
This sounds fun, but shouldn't it be listed as a variant game (numbered beginning with a V and typically listed in the Exodus Play by Forum subforum)?

I think you are correct. Since I never played a Variant game (V+Number) I completely forgot they existed :$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are still looking for players I'm in! I will bravely go where no one has dared to go before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: If a player receives 2 cylon loyalty cards how many motives will they draw and need to complete?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trigiani wrote:
Question: If a player receives 2 cylon loyalty cards how many motives will they draw and need to complete?

Hmmm... Change that to "If a player becomes a Cylon by drawing an YAAC card, he draws 2 Motives ..."

So if a player receives 2 YAAC cards, he still has only 2 motives. If he sends the YAAC card to someone, that someone immediately draws 2 motives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been pondering over which cylon leader combinations would be best. Leoben with D'anna's supercrises would be especially good with complex destiny. Leoben in general is pretty awesome. D'anna could use Doral's miracle to avoid her negative if she doesn't care about SCs. Cavil could use Leoben's miracle after losing his entire hand for a cylon revealing. Six could return the cards she has stolen using Leoben's miracle which might be good if she took SoE or something she can't use. If Athena or Simon are stuck in the brig (their negatives make it much worse) they could use Doral's miracle to escape.

Another question: Would Doral be able to use Six's miracle to play into a skill check during a player's action step?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, using the miracle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |