Popular Tags: [View All]
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got hold of both this and Verräter and now I am wondering what the main differences and similarities are? I should probably read the rules and play both a few times, but some comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They both fit in a box, have role selection and involve a circle of cards. Otherwise, pretty different. Meuterer is much more forgiving and friendly. Verrater may leave people hating the game because they think they have no chance; for the next couple days I was realizing subtle things that I could have done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Ireland
Sligo
Sligo
flag msg tools
Changed the outfit.
badge
Hope you didn't get too confused!
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to own both but got rid of Verräter after a while. You can after set up of both games you know that one was inspired in the other.

I find Meuterer is the most polished game of both. Verräter can be good fun but can also be more frustrating.

The major point to me was that in Verräter you have less control over what happens in the game than in Meuterer. Meuterer always offers opportunities, not all are equally lucrative but they all pay off in one way ornthe other. Definitely the better game of the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for these comments. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that I think that Verräter is actually the better game, just inaccessible and requiring players who understand it to get a satisfying experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Note that I think that Verräter is actually the better game, just inaccessible and requiring players who understand it to get a satisfying experience.

That is interesting. I will keep that in mind. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play Verrater with 3p.
I will ONLY play Meuterer with 4p.

The role selection is that important to Meuterer. If the promise of points for Maat is enough, it makes all but the most Konflikt heavy hand unwinnable for a Meuterer. And in 3p, the "Cabin Boy" really does not see much use unless it is obvious there is a Mutiny in the wings.

Verrater is more fickle; I like that about it. The swings are bigger, the ability to just claim the "Strategist" role versus fighting for it is, imo, the biggest difference. You sometimes see who is doing what, other times you take a big, gaping, mouth on the floor reveal.

Both are great. For me, I will never give them up without an English edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls