Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the Three Sisters of Aethos, the daughters of Alamira: Alyssira, Magdalira, Zayasira. They performed at Gen Con 2014, where they bolstered the Light of Mind, Flesh, and Spirit with their beautiful dance.

This is their story:

In the days before the Time of Black Thickening, before the Shadow Lord clotted the darkness into a skin of malice, the Red Queen held sway over the Mountains Moril. Cursed by the sins of her father and hardened in the crucible of a hedonistic court, Siriana Lacosia's heart blackened before she saw seven winters and grew colder each day thereafter. It was she who usurped the Ruby Throne from her own father, and it was by her design that the Shadows grew strong in the spaces between the cold peaks of the Moril. And it was she who refused death's invitation when it came and still sits upon the dead Ruby Throne in the emptiness between worlds.

It was also she who birthed Alamira. Though she did not know it.

It was the midwife Weya's doing that saved Alamira, for she was able to switch the corpse of her own daughter's stillborn child for Siriana's rosy babe. And though she burned that night, with the other midwives as punishment for the delivery of yet another stillborn child to the dread queen, she died in joy. And in hope.

Alamira, safe in a new home far from the Moril, loved by the only family she had ever known, grew healthy and strong, with a heart as pure as starshine and a demeanor as kind and gentle as tears of love. She took to the healing arts and learned from the greatest mystics of Aethos. And, as the story is told, fell in love with one's young apprentice and the two started a family of their own. She bore three fine daughters, in whose names she entwined her own, so that her love might always be with them, and she blessed them each with a healing gift.

To Alyssira, the first, she granted the Gift of Mind, so that she might bring peace to those that were troubled.

To Magdalira, the second, she gave the Gift of Flesh, so that she might ease the suffering of the wounded and the sick.

To Zayasira, the third, she conferred the Gift of Spirit, so that she might bring comfort to those with tormented souls.

And so it was that love was born from darkness, solace born from love, and the Three Daughters of Alamira brought renewal to the Realm of Aethos.

Alannah, Dana, and Heather are professional dancers. They choreographed their dance to fit into an 8 x 10 foot area and used a captivating piece by Midnight Syndicate called "Shadows." Midnight Syndicate graciously granted permission for Devious Weasel Games to use the music for Gen Con performances and videos of those performances. A video of the Three Sisters' performance will soon be available in the video section of this BGG page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I like the way you write and the cool ideas you come up with. I read the intro to Shadows of Malice last night to my wife, she found it interesting as well. We nicknamed Xulthul simply Zuul..."There is no Dana only Zuul" laugh

Have you considered writing any short stories or books or have you written some already?

A Shadows of Malice book series would be something I'd gladly add to my sci-fi/fantasy/horror/supernatural book collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your feedback. As it happens, I am working on two novels right now. They are both set in the same world, but it is different than Aethos. Well... for the time being anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
That is awesome!!! I can tell already by what I've read that your style is right up my alley. I will certainly want to buy them. Please do update us all when they are available for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Will the two Priestess of Xulthul and the Three Sisters of Atheos make an appearance at some point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Ah, well at least we have their superb performances taped for the archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls