KevOne
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I place an advance room ontop of a normal room, my opponent freeze it causing it to lose any type of treasure icon. Do I still get to build the advance room??

How about for some odd reason the normal room got destroy? Does the advance room still get built?

This completely ruined one of our game, because rule book and online NEVER indicate this, and because of this, the gaming night turned ugly... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goodman
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot freeze or destroy a room that either is face down, or has a face down card on top of it. In this way you are not allowed to be blocked from building during a turn. This is a rule I have checked with the creator of the game, this is correct. So whatever move someone tried to pull with trying to deactivate or destroy a room with a card on top of it is not actually allowed to be done.

In this way say it is your build turn and someone tries to freeze a room, you could actually build a room on top of that target room to nullify their spell card. As such if they even had the mage room which allows you to draw spell cards when you play them (effectively, despite that it is not written that way) they would not get to draw another spell card because it was effectively countered and would also waste the freeze.

The only rule I would bring up at this point is that if someone freezes a room and you build a room to get to what would be 5 rooms, you do not get to level up until the end of turn when the one room gets reactivated. This is because you would only have 4 active rooms when you build.

Funny you mention how this type of thing is not brought up in the rule book, there are a lot of rules like that, and I have had experiences similar to yours where people argue about the rules in this game. It took me months of internet researching to get all the rules right. And this is the type of game where people will get upset because it can be very cutthroat.

I suggest reading the advanced rules which you can find online. That can help with a lot of the card specific rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls