Subject: Question on Dominating an age rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two quick questions that weren't really explained in the manual.

1) Can only 1 player dominate an age?
2) What do you do when you want to dominate an age but there are no cards from that age remaining in the middle?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cero21 wrote:
Two quick questions that weren't really explained in the manual.

1) Can only 1 player dominate an age?
2) What do you do when you want to dominate an age but there are no cards from that age remaining in the middle?

Thanks in advance!
Only one player can dominate each period.

The middle area begins with only one card for each of periods 1-9.

If there middle area no longer contains a card for a particular period, it is because another player has already dominated that period - and thus no one else can do so.

You could choose to dominate a different period (provided there is a card for that period in the middle area) if you meet the requirements for that period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using only the base game, once a Period is dominated, it can't be dominated again by somebody else. So yes, only 1 player may Dominate a Period.

There are effects on cards in the expansions which can add additional cards to the Periods to be dominated, in which case, only the available ones can be dominated and there are special rules for the Dominate action when you already have dominated that Period, meaning you need additional ScoreInfluence.

Edit: Man, I really hate that Iello went and changed all the terminology, I always tend to get at least one thing wrong when trying to translate an answer into the Iello version (see correction above). Hopefully, once the Kickstarter is done, we can go back to predominantly using the original terminology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Edit: Man, I really hate that Iello went and changed all the terminology, I always tend to get at least one thing wrong when trying to translate an answer into the Iello version (see correction above). Hopefully, once the Kickstarter is done, we can go back to predominantly using the original terminology.
Iello, pbbt. I see Iellospeak and assume that the thread must have accidentally been posted in the wrong forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I didn't see the setup rule that set aside one card for each period as the domination card. Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cero21 wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I didn't see the setup rule that set aside one card for each period as the domination card. Thanks a bunch!
Also make sure you take note that Period 10 does not add a card to the Periods to be dominated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what is this dominate people are talking about? is that the new term for achieving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
what is this dominate people are talking about? is that the new term for achieving?

Seems so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... replace the following terms if you are like me and prefer the traditional terms:

Period -> Age
Dominate -> Achieve
Periods to be dominated -> Available achievements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
The publisher Iello changed some of the terminology (among other things). The publisher Asmadi, home of the designer (and soon to come out with the deluxe/new edition) has not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls