Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played through my 7th game and I think I have the basic rules straight now. However; I ran into some things that I could not find info on in either the 1st or 2nd ed. rule books.

1.) Playing the Brigand. I pulled a sheild as a green item. No reason why the Brigand can't use it right? He just doesn't have any cards that will ever allow me to attack with it so the fate ability and such is meaningless but I still get the defensive bonus of +1, correct? Also, is there a rule anywhere in either rulebook explaining the defensive bonus +1 in a shield? I assumed this meant -1 TN for the attacker. Correct?

2.) Again, playing the Brigand. Pulled a green crossbow as a treasure, this is from items expansion 1, so no updated 2.0 content I am aware of for this item. I don't know of a rule that says the Brigand cannot use this weapon. However; it does not say it uses ammo on the card. Also, there is nothing says you can't just use it as a hand weapon and still use the Brigand ability such as dash. Of course this is stupid though. So, I am assuming that until there is 2.0 content that will fix this card in the future so that it a.) requires ammo and b.) says something about requiring a ranged attack type card to attack with it? So, should I just house-rule it out or something? Input?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, figured as much on both but wanted to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the old item cards (Shield) had a +1 TN in the text details,.... I would guess that the new shield icon with the +1 should be explained in the 2.0 RB,.... but I'm not sure. I never thought twice about it,.... but now you are making me have to check whistle

Well it does not look to be specified in the item card section,.... but this is the same icon used monster and ally cards to indicate what TN they need to hit things,...

the is just one that you have to chalk up to RAI,.... and move on with the common sense interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls