Hide
5 Posts

Tesla vs. Edison: War of Currents» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paying patent holders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
msg tools
Let's say you are using AC and the minimum level needed is 2. If you have level 3 AC, you must pay the holder of the level 3 patent, even if there is a holder of the level 2 patent correct? Now if you hold the level 2 patent, but have level 3 AC, do you still pay the holder of the level 3 patent?

What if you hold a level 4 AC patent, someone else has the level 3 patent, and your AC tech level is 3, do you have to pay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dante21 wrote:
Let's say you are using AC and the minimum level needed is 2. If you have level 3 AC, you must pay the holder of the level 3 patent, even if there is a holder of the level 2 patent correct? Now if you hold the level 2 patent, but have level 3 AC, do you still pay the holder of the level 3 patent?

You always pay for the patent you actually use (the highest one available to you).

dante21 wrote:

What if you hold a level 4 AC patent, someone else has the level 3 patent, and your AC tech level is 3, do you have to pay?

You can't hold a level 4 patent and be on tech level 3. To get the patent, you had to advance to level 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That means i was playing it wrong?

We played last night that we have to pay the patent holder whose patent is highest level (for the 2 tech selected) i.e. i have lv 4 bulb and AC tech and patent. Another player has lv 5 bulb. When i claim lv 3 project i still pay that player.

In the correct interpretation i would pay the patent owner only if the lv 4 tech were claimed by some one else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hokuto_su wrote:

We played last night that we have to pay the patent holder whose patent is highest level (for the 2 tech selected) i.e. i have lv 4 bulb and AC tech and patent. Another player has lv 5 bulb. When i claim lv 3 project i still pay that player.

In the correct interpretation i would pay the patent owner only if the lv 4 tech were claimed by some one else.

Exactly. You're not using level 5, so why would you pay to use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zimmerman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hokuto_su wrote:

Don't make it more difficult than it is.

When you build a project you cannot exceed your current tech level in bulbs and current AND you always build at your personal highest tech level regardless of the level that was actually needed to complete the project.

If someone else holds the patent at your highest tech level you must pay them royalties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls