Subject: 2p? How? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloud 9 originally required at least 3 players. Anyone know how the rules have changed to make 2p viable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
This article in French on the Tric Trac website lists the differences but doesn't specifically address the new 2 player option. Maybe it's not a special variant?

http://www.trictrac.net/actus/a-la-decouverte-de-celestia-le...

Another article focusing on the mechanics:
http://www.trictrac.net/actus/a-la-decouverte-de-celestia-la...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'm Sebastien, CEO of BLAM! and I’ll try to answer this questioning.

2 players mode was not working in Cloud9, because at one moment in the game, the scores was near of 50 and both players knew it. This was inevitably ending by a situation where nobody left the balloon and the game never ended.

In Celestia, we have introduce hidden points and uncertainty about gain at every level. Doing so the system does not block because it is about impossible to know if you opponent is at 40 or 49 points (for example).

we were sceptical about the fact this would be enough to have fun but after multiple tests, we conclude that it was OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XSeb74 wrote:
Hi

I'm Sebastien, CEO of BLAM! and I’ll try to answer this questioning.

2 players mode was not working in Cloud9, because at one moment in the game, the scores was near of 50 and both players knew it. This was inevitably ending by a situation where nobody left the balloon and the game never ended.

In Celestia, we have introduce hidden points and uncertainty about gain at every level. Doing so the system does not block because it is about impossible to know if you opponent is at 40 or 49 points (for example).

we were sceptical about the fact this would be enough to have fun but after multiple tests, we conclude that it was OK.

Considering how do you explain the game works well in two players? It remains valid and fun? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a huge debate
The thing is, if you look for answer to this question, you have 2 major opinion :

- It's a marvelous exciting calculatory way to play Celestia
- It's a pure shit at 2 with no fun

So depending of what you like it can be one or the other
I'm very sorry to say that but there is no right answer to your question.

I can only give you my personel opinion which is : it is no the best configuration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XSeb74 wrote:
This is a huge debate
The thing is, if you look for answer to this question, you have 2 major opinion :

- It's a marvelous exciting calculatory way to play Celestia
- It's a pure shit at 2 with no fun

So depending of what you like it can be one or the other
I'm very sorry to say that but there is no right answer to your question.

I can only give you my personel opinion which is : it is no the best configuration.

What do you mean....."it's a marvelous exciting calculatory way to play Celestia in two players"?
Could you investigate and explain this speech?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At 2 you have to choose the very right moment to get out
calculate, remember what the oponent did not play
try to have the most turbos to be able to get fa at the only moment possible, when your oponent left the aircraft.

but also you have to get off early to get magic spyglasses, but with the opportunbity to your oponent to get far alone.

This is a kind of choice some people very appreicate, and that some other don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls