Hide
3 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question to Advanced Feat Flame Arrows and of reflex embedment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bad Habit
msg tools
[H](1) Reflex: All phyiscal or magical Damage dealt by a single Ranged card becomes magical damage. Add +1 magical damage, move focus track 2 to the right. Place 1 fire condition on targeted Enemy. Discard 1 Progression Token from this card. move focus track 1 to the right.

I am confused by the two movements of the enemy focus in one action

Initially we've read that after the first focus movement there is a LINE, an ENDING of the action and that the 2nd part (fire condition) is a kicker which will be paid by removing 1 progression token and another focus movement.

but this doesnt make any sense. now we play it like all together to modify another action
- convert damage to magical
- +1 magical damage
- place 1 fire condition
- pay 1 progression token from this card
- move enemy focus tracker 2+1=3 tiles to the right.

why did the designer put in two movements of the enemy focus track in different places of the action-text? why didnt he just put at the end "move enemy focus 3 tiles to the right"?

we are confused. thank you for your help

PS: so I dont need to make another thread and flood this forum, it is possible to modify an action (e.g. regular action) with 2 reflexes?

Example:
- Regular Action Long Bow:
Deal 1 phys Dmg, move focus track 2, discard 1 combat card, add another 1 phys Dmg, move focus track 1
modified by: Arcane Bow Mastery: if you resolver any Action of a Bow car dthat deals physical dmg deal additional +1 phys Dmg paid by move focus track 1

so at this point I got 3 physic Dmg for the cost of 4 move enemy focus track, now I want to modify my long bow regular action ALSO by Flame arrows

- convert the 3 physic Dmg to magic Dmg, add 1 magic Dmg, + 2 enemy focus track
- add 1 fire condition, discard 1 progression counter from flame arrows and move enemy focus thread

so in the end, I got 4 magical dmg, 1 fire condition, paid by 1 progression counter and 5 enemy focus track

I think this doesnt work, because flame arrows states: "dealt by a single ranged card"

But are there other possible combination in game where you can modify a regular action by 2 reflexes?

thank you again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tore Halvorsen
Norway
flag msg tools
For flame arrow:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19879052#19879052

irondeav wrote:
1. Flame Arrows: This can be treated as a total of 3. Although, in the future, there might be a way of cancelling some Focus Costs, which will make this one matter.

... not sure about the other question, perhaps the following applies.
irondeav wrote:
5. Arcane Bow Mastery: No, as this would mean that you are using two Reflexes from the same card to influence a single effect (as explained under "Reflexes" on p. 13 of the rulebook).

Or perhaps not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadHabit wrote:

But are there other possible combination in game where you can modify a regular action by 2 reflexes?

thank you again

You can only use a source once per action but you can use as many reflex actions as you like , as long as each has a different source card. Even if the cards are identical.

So Yes but each must come from a separate card.

I think it is in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls