Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...or anybody else finds it weird to see Richard Garfield's name attached to a crowdfunding project??

I know that King of Tokyo, Netrunner and that other card game were not that succesful but Queen Games should put some faith on this up and coming designer and just publish the game!

• [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuzferatu wrote:
...or anybody else finds it weird to see Richard Garfield's name attached to a crowdfunding project??

I know that King of Tokyo, Netrunner and that other card game were not that succesful but I would put some faith on the up and coming designer and just publish the game!

King of Tokyo did well enough to get two expansions and a sequel. Unless you're expecting everything the guy does to achieve Magic levels of success, that's either a successful project, or an incompetent publisher...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggi├▓
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the whole last sentence was meant to be sarcastic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finishing it off with up and coming designer was great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
sarcasm aside .... I thought it was weird too...

My first thought that maybe this is a 'bad' game by Richard and the only way Queens can get some money out of it is to kick start it. Because exactly as OP sort of implies, with Richard's track record surely there is an instant market there.

I will be watching this one and will be very interested to see how much game play video, rules, etc are posted during the campaign. i.e. how much is relying on Richards name vs an open look at the gameplay.

PS..... also a Richard 'bad' game may still be better than 95% of what is out there :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeybb wrote:
sarcasm aside .... I thought it was weird too...

My first thought that maybe this is a 'bad' game by Richard and the only way Queens can get some money out of it is to kick start it. Because exactly as OP sort of implies, with Richard's track record surely there is an instant market there.

For the last 2 or 3 years, Queen has used Kickstarter as a pre-order system for its games. It has nothing to do with quality - it is just how Queen now works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanders wrote:

For the last 2 or 3 years, Queen has used Kickstarter as a pre-order system for its games. It has nothing to do with quality - it is just how Queen now works.

And they have been less than stellar at fulfilling and such...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeybb wrote:
My first thought that maybe this is a 'bad' game by Richard

I had the same thought, the infos we have are limited but this game seems to be a very simple drafting game. We'll see once more details are available!

But my curiosity is piqued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Walker
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
badge
what the chit!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Totally agree with this. I got behind one Queen KS project and will not do so again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed and received at least 4 Queen Kickstarters and have had no issues with fulfillment. Parfum is just a bad game but that's not a fulfillment issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuzferatu wrote:
I had the same thought, the infos we have are limited but this game seems to be a very simple drafting game. We'll see once more details are available!

But my curiosity is piqued.

My friend and cowriter got to play a demo of it at Gen Con, and he wrote about it here. He described it to me as a cross between 7 Wonders and For Sale. I think this one looks great. This may be my first Queen KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald peters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Quite obviously sarcastic....ever hear of a little thing called magic the gathering?

rmsgrey wrote:
Nuzferatu wrote:

I know that King of Tokyo, Netrunner and that other card game were not that succesful but I would put some faith on the up and coming designer and just publish the game!

King of Tokyo did well enough to get two expansions and a sequel. Unless you're expecting everything the guy does to achieve Magic levels of success, that's either a successful project, or an incompetent publisher...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky7s wrote:
Quite obviously sarcastic....ever hear of a little thing called magic the gathering?

rmsgrey wrote:
Nuzferatu wrote:

Oh, yeah, I guess he could have been referring to that rather than The Great Dalmuti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald peters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey that was almost as successful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe and Feld
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mr. Schindler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Weird would be a Queen game that isn't kickstarted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gerwalker wrote:
Quote:

Totally agree with this. I got behind one Queen KS project and will not do so again.

Same here, I backed Shogun big box, but the lack of information or updates from Queen has me wishing I had held off and just ordered it after release for cheaper. Part of what I expect from the kickstarter experience is insight into the game development and production process.

Sadly this lack of communication seems to be normal for Queen games, so I won't be backing any of their kickstarters again, no matter how cool they look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, no reason to back any Queen projects, just wait for retail. Most of the promo stuff shows up in the BGG store anyway for those that care about that stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

The hunting theme might be problematic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Walker
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
badge
what the chit!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

The hunting theme might be problematic?

Only if one of the character names is Cecil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald peters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I tend to agree...however they have Garfeild.....principles or geekness which way do I go ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GozertheTraveler
United States
Ponca City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting but yes ugh to queen games. Wasn't the last kickstarter they ran cancelled due to them not paying the designer? Hard to put money behind a company that does that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
Nuzferatu wrote:

Sarcasm: Confusing Peopke Since the Beginning of Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
arm000 wrote:
gerwalker wrote:
Quote:

Same here, I backed Shogun big box, but the lack of information or updates from Queen has me wishing I had held off and just ordered it after release for cheaper. Part of what I expect from the kickstarter experience is insight into the game development and production process.

Sadly this lack of communication seems to be normal for Queen games, so I won't be backing any of their kickstarters again, no matter how cool they look.

Some of us find this perspective far worse than a publisher that doesn't communicate every month.

When I back a game (at least 60 at this point) I don't expect a personal relationship with the publisher and I don't feel offended when I don't hear from them on a regular basis. Then again, I no longer back unknown publishers after a few bad experiences. Queen isn't unknown. I've backed two or three of their games and all has been great. I don't remember nor do I care if they sent updates for those prior projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
arm000 wrote:
gerwalker wrote:
Quote:

Some of us find this perspective far worse than a publisher that doesn't communicate every month.

When I back a game (at least 60 at this point) I don't expect a personal relationship with the publisher and I don't feel offended when I don't hear from them on a regular basis. Then again, I no longer back unknown publishers after a few bad experiences. Queen isn't unknown. I've backed two or three of their games and all has been great. I don't remember nor do I care if they sent updates for those prior projects.

This is a head-in-the-sand approach to which I can not subscribe. Queen's lack of communication is a problem whether you acknowledge it as one or not. It caused, at least in part, to their last KS to be cancelled by the game's designer. They are unresponsive to almost every issue. If everything goes perfect, then you are gold. But that rarely happens with KS projects and I have backed a lot of them, just not Queen any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |