Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enemy focus reset? Reinforcement track reset? Drawing hand? etc...questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ádám Juhász
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
"Never tell me the odds!"
badge
“You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys!

Can I get some explanation about the following?

1. Enemy focus
You only reset enemy focus when you resolve an encounter and you have encounter aftermath, right? I read about this reset on the player reference card, but I couldn't find it in the rulebook at encounter aftermath.
Is there any other phase when you reset your focus to the starting point? Do you reset it when you rest?
(I know you divide it by two when you engage an enemy.)

2. Reinforcement trach reset?
I read in other topics that you only add enemies in the reinforcement phase when there is an active encounter with non-empty reinforcement box. If there is no active encounter or there is an encounter with an empty reinforcement box we don't add enemies just reset the track? Even with high reinforcement values due to enemy focus increase?
Basicly if you increase your focus and generate reinforcment it doesn't really matter unless you are on an active encounter with reinforcment?

3. Drawing hand
Maybe I missed something in the rules but I only draw my hand up to limit at the and of my turn in the Hero phase and at the end of the encounter aftermath, right?
So if I draw up my hand at the end of my turn and I use a card from my hand to defend against an enemy in the defense phase and we don't defeat the encounter I start my next hero turn fewer cards in my hand than my hand limit, right?

4. Difference between the quest guide and encounter setup card
We were playing the Into the Wild scenario before and I saw there is a difference between the quest guide and the quest setup card. One says that the boss has 2Xplayer number + 6 hp, the other says 3Xplayer number + 6 hp, and there is a difference between the reward deck as well, suggesting 6 and 8 transient reward respectively. Can you tell me which on is the right and we should use in the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, the only possibility to reset the enemy focus is encounter aftermath -> no resetting when resting

2) Yes, you are right, as long as there is no encounter with value in the reinforcement box there are no reinforcements. BUT beware of the last box of this track! ;-) If you get too high you still move on the time track

3) Yes, totally correct

4) The card is right here when I remember correctly but I think thats already in the living FAQ on this board (Edit: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1402737/faq-v016)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.