Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering what is the minimum amount of ground to take in order to win the First Waves scenario, meaning 10 secured positions (see Rule 14.2 for details).

Here's one idea I came up with:

East Force: secure four positions around the base of the pier, plus
West Force: secure six positions on the Bird's Beak.

Here's some photos to show what I mean; I've used Garrison markers to indicate secured positions (I know garrisons are not available, this is just for the photo) and Disrupted markers to indicate US-occupied but unsecured positions. Sorry about the weird photo quality, I was struggling with glare and shadows.

Map Overview

East Force

West Force

Can anyone see any problems with this approach? Is there an easier way to win this scenario, e.g. by taking fewer and/or easier hexes? What have I missed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to see that analysis. Matches up very closely to my end game positions the last time I played this game.

I'm thinking it might be safer to build forward from E3/E4 for scoring and just try to hold the far flank near the airfield without pushing across it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official addenda changes rule 14.2 so that a secured position now only needs to not be in an *intense* FoF (was any "printed" FoF).

This might change which are the ten best position hexes to try and occupy. For example, F3 was tough to secure before, but is now a no-brainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.