Hide
13 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Grisban's Heroic Feat - Silly Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mo Andre
msg tools
I basically wanted to make sure we're playing this correctly. If on Grisban's turn he:

Uses Fatigue to move 4 spaces
1st action: Attack
2nd action: Attack

He can still use his heroic feat to attack a 3rd time, correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moandre wrote:
I basically wanted to make sure we're playing this correctly. If on Grisban's turn he:

Thanks!

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Moandre wrote:

Grisban's Heroic Feat
Use during your turn to perform 1 attack action.
This is in addition to your 2 actions on your turn.

You've fatigue moved, taken an action and taken another action. You can now perform the Heroic Feat.

I was wondering what your alternate interpretation might be? That might help clear up the misconception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
I was wondering what your alternate interpretation might be? That might help clear up the misconception.

I'm 99% sure that it was essentially a confirmation that it doesn't take an action to use it. That's most people's first thought. "How am I allowed to do this for free?" So you check rules/ask the question just to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
BertMcCloud wrote:
xris wrote:

I'm 99% sure that it was essentially a confirmation that it doesn't take an action to use it. That's most people's first thought. "How am I allowed to do this for free?" So you check rules/ask the question just to confirm.
Yes, I can see that.

But then on second thoughts, you think "Hmmm, my extra special once a game power is to spend an Action to gain an Attack Action. Hmmm, maybe not."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Andre
msg tools
xris wrote:
BertMcCloud wrote:
xris wrote:

Yes, I can see that.

But then on second thoughts, you think "Hmmm, my extra special once a game power is to spend an Action to gain an Attack Action. Hmmm, maybe not."

Well I totally missed that! I'm playing as OL, and the heroes have basically been using their Heroic Feat once per attack! That's why I was questioning 3 attacks per turn every turn. That's a huge game changer! Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Moandre wrote:
Well I totally missed that! I'm playing as OL, and the heroes have basically been using their Heroic Feat once per attack! That's why I was questioning 3 attacks per turn every turn. That's a huge game changer! Thanks
Good, that's why I like to understand why the question was asked

An extra attack each turn is, to say the least, somewhat powerful!

BTW, if you look at the Hero Sheets, you will notice that on the flip side of the sheets they don't show the Heroic Feat. At the start of an encounter, the hero flips his Hero Sheet face up to indicate the Heroic Feat is once again available. See page 15 of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Andre
msg tools
For sure! Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moandre wrote:

WOW! Holy crap that is..... CRAZY powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
Moandre wrote:
...and CRAZY wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Heirs of Blood campaign with two players, that means that Grisban can attack 4 times in one turn (once per quest).

Quote:

Grisban is a little slower, though.
On my card, he can only move 3 fatigues moves.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Phyriphiry wrote:
Grisban is a little slower, though.
On my card, he can only move 3 fatigues moves.
How odd. On my Grisban Hero Sheet, it shows a Speed of 3 and a Stamina of 4. With a Stamina of 4, he can move up to 4 spaces using fatigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Andre
msg tools
BertMcCloud wrote:
Moandre wrote:

Yeah, that's why I wanted clarification. We're currently Heroes: 2 OL: 1 after playing the intro + 2 act 1 quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls