Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this and some expansions in a trade. Watched the Watch It Played videos already.

1 - do the tutorial scenarios teach you the game, or do you need to read rules/explain to newcomers first?

B - are there any team based scenarios (currently or forthcoming?)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
bindslev
danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do the tutorials.
You cannot do anything wrong - misunderstand -forget rules.
If you want more in depth understanding, you should read the online rules. There are some clever combos you will discover.

I do not think there is a team play variant (Split armies) with individual scores- but you can let one guy build 250 pts and you 250 pts (500 total)and share the army during play for a coop win/lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The main thing is knowing how to use the stylus, knowing your scenario win objectives, and understanding what's printed on the cards. You may have what I call "app dependence" at first, that is, you look at the screen a lot. But those basics are all you really need to get started, and you can use the "more info" feature to see the full math behind your attacks/damage, or as eker mentioned there's an expanded rules page on the website that gets into all the finer points of the game. And the official forums are a great resource in terms of strategy, army building, and just plain asking for advice.

No built-in team mode yet, although it's easy to form alliances between players to work together. You may need to house-rule the win, as the app will still treat you as opponents...a good point to keep inmind when activating certain buffs and debuffs, as well. That also gives you some flexibility though, as it leads to more opportunity for diplomacy and betrayal...keeps your allies on their toes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Third question. I see there's a Join Game feature with a QR code. Is this so players can each use their own device?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Thanks. Third question. I see there's a Join Game feature with a QR code. Is this so players can each use their own device?...
It's to allow the transfer of armies when there is no internet connection available.

If you have an internet connection, you can set up the game, pick your force, and your friend can just log in and choose his army from his saved forces.

If you don't have internet connection, you'll create the game, pick your army, have it set up a QR code, your friend will scan that on his device, he picks his army on his device, which will create a QR code for you to scan with your device. This will transfer his army to your device so that he can play on the game you set up. It's a bit clunky but it works well enough.

There's no way to have a game displayed/shared across two devices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Not quite, though multiple devices is a feature in development. This QR transfer system is so that if you're playing somewhere wifi isn't available (or isn't free), players can transfer armies from their own device to the host device, rather than manually rebuild the army under the host player's account.
Edit: darn, ninja'd by Karl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls