Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always thought it was silly to treat these as not equivalent in the rules for combining sets. The rules insert for Fear Itself says you can treat bindings and wounds as equivalent if you don't have the villains base set.

Do you think this is an exception to the equivalency rules or a change to the original position that the two stacks should be treated as separate? Do you think this will change in the future? The trend seems to be to try and integrate the villains and heroes sets fully. Anyone seen official word from UD on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way they KO are very different, so they should be treated differently when combining sets. Bindings are way more dangerous than Wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the intent from the game designer is to treat them separately, and the note is just to accommodate players without the Villains set. Personally, I just pick whether we're using the Hydra/New Recruit/Bindings or Shield/Sidekick/Wound sets and treat them as equivalent for in game text. I think that forcing them to be different overly complicates things and lowers the value of some heroes/villains in a mixed set game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put my decks together.

With any KO...Wounds get dumped, Bindings after the first one get passed. Rare event that someone gets passed a Binding. I also have YB's upgraded wound cards mixed in...Those are usually enough to kill the Semi- in Semicopperative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls