Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Burgess
Australia
Sydney
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Happy Christmas everyone!

I'm struggling with how Innsbruck can be adjacent to either Carlsruhe or Regensburg (the example on p.3 in the rules says it's adjacent to both so can be placed at either end of the route.)

The cities that seem directly adjacent to Carlsruhe appear to be Mannheim, Stuttgart and Freiburg, and those directly adjacent to Regensburg are Nurnberg, Pilsen, Passau and Ingolstadt. I note the rules stress being directly adjacent, so just being able to connect through a series of other cities is not OK.

Can someone please explain, because I'm clearly missing something here.

Very best wishes,

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I suspect you're misinterpreting the example.

I've only got the official German rules, but the illustration at the top of p3 says that Innsbruck cannot be placed next to Carlsruhe or Regensburg.

And your interpretation of "adjacent" is correct - towns are adjacent if there is a direct road connection between them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Weaver
Greece
Lefkas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a mistake in the translation in the example. Innsbruck is not adjacent to Carlsruhe or Regensburg..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Burgess
Australia
Sydney
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone! It's clearly a mistake in the English translation - quite a big glitch actually! cool

With this sorted, the rest is all clear.

Have a wonderful Christmas,

Best wishes,

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I found this. I just got my copy and opened it so we could play tonight. I was immediately confused by this one specific example in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
I'm glad I found this. I just got my copy and opened it so we could play tonight. I was immediately confused by this one specific example in the rules.

I, too, just now took one look at this example (and then a 2nd and 3rd) and headed immediately to my computer to load up BGG...

That is a HUGE oops!
MJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DeLarme Landes
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just broke this one out for the first time, and sure enough my wife and I ran into this very problem. Thank you, BGG: A potentially frustrating afternoon averted. And we had a lot of fun with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sikes
United States
Easley
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I tried to explain it to my wife why Innsbruck could connect with a very convoluted answer. blushblush

After awhile I could not even convince myself of my answer so I looked here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.