Subject: More info (and pics!) of the new modules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this in the main RR forum (in German):

http://de.trictrac.net/news/alle-reden-vom-wetter-sie-nicht
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those too lazy to click through (translation from Google Chrome).

Quote:
A few days later a tailspin and pictures of the new game material. Finally, this is a game about the German railway ... Look down, my looks from the guat!

(Update 11 August 2015)

Articles of 6 August 2015: Russian Railroads knows her, right? The game conceded not only praise and glory of Games Commissioner Cheffe from , but also hit the scene like a Luhansk Diesel Locomotive. No game had implemented in recent years, the ordinary workers use so catchy and strategically deep consistently.

Sure, that will be expanded.

German Railroads comes, is a complementary box, which also works only with the basic game and Tric Trac would not be your favorite website about games when I could not even tell here what you can expect there. Modules are in games the Dernier Cri , so Hans im Glück presents us three modules, as we can attach such cars in any combination to the basic game.

Quote:
Germany, your rails
Module 1 is the Germany-tableau. Brand new plan with new routes and, consequently, completely different demands on the strategically embossed synapses. For example, the distances are not fixed. I reach with the rails so special stops, I may choose from the display a stretch of my choice and then go there. This means that all options open and not equal to vary the flow also significantly stronger than in the standard game. Time I can combine a kind of permanent income (new) with a points haul stronger, other times with a rather, the earlier shows a question mark.

Quote:
Coal ago
The basic idea of ​​module 2 was to break up strategies that have been run so hard in some as a fifty-year-old track bed. Now there are Coal Resource. Coal can be used to improve locomotives and factories. Or do they use for foundries.

These new plates bring a decent income when they are fired with coal. Alternatively, let go on a locomotive or enhance the effect of a factory as a coal heater.

This module is easy to learn, but to have a huge impact on the familiar gameplay. To get started is therefore also recommended to start with Module 1, Module 2 then combine with the basic game and only when everything is to merge the modules 1 and 2.

Single ticket
Module 3 is the solo version. Card control a dummy opponent who occupied places and against it is to prevail within the meaning of highscores.

In the fall it will be so far, heated before the kettle on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The adjustable tracks seem to add a lot of re-playability to this game, though it is hard to judge their value without understanding the symbols (maybe the blue arrow means take another turn, immediately?). Additionally, will they be selected from a central pool, or from each player's own supply. So many questions. I also what trade-off you get from taking the bottom (partially hidden) track versus the top (Exposed) track since the top one gets you light brown rails a step earlier.

I also spy a 4 coin ? bonus marker at the bottom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As far as I know, it has been some months since I played the prototype, you select the track tiles from a common pool.

The Y-shaped middle track presents you with the option to pursue the white tracks (upper branch) or only the beige one albeit earlier with the branch being shoprter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the bottom track (beige only) give you the ? earlier as well? I hardly think 1 square is enough of a deterrent to avoid the whites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
YEs, the ? is one spot earlier also. In addition the end bonus, at least in the version I played. was 20 pts. on the lower branch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2633439/russian-railroads-ge...

This just got posted and I thought I would add it here for reference and more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that on the image with the new boards, there is brown track, but they are not supposed to be unlocked yet.

The factories wire doesn't match the board wire too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That has got to be an error to make the boards look active and inviting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the promotional grphic contains errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joey twoshoes
msg tools
mbmb
Your "for those too lazy" comment is such a great contribution to those with questions.The board gamming community is so fortunate to have people like you among us--keep up the great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.