Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, we played this a ton back in college (late 90's) and though I'm not keyed into the ccg scene, of any flavor, I haven't been following along.

However, I've heard of something called a cube for M:tG and it sounds like something like that could work for SR. Has anyone set up a cube evening so everyone could play from one player's collection? How was it set up?

Also, if a cube sort of thing is possible I'd need to collect cards again. Remind me, did each starter set have the exact same cards or were they random? If I bought a bunch of starters would I be good or do I need to buy one or two starters (for rules) then a bunch of boosters?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Starter sets were random, but if you do happen to find any then please let me know. I'm desperately looking for more cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a box of starters on ebay right now.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
There's a box of starters on ebay right now.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Nice, but the shipping, and the 25% VAT on top of both shipping and price, and the $25 fee on top makes it ridiculously expensive :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Shultz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm building a cube right now, I'll let you know how it ends up.

I'm going to start with just a complete set and see if that works. I've also considered doing it like a solomon draft with 120 cards pulled at random from the cube.

It's a work in progress, I play with super super casual players but I also have some friends I used to play mtg with back in the day and I'll playtest with them and get back to you.

-Edwin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.