Subject: What a fun little game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this two times in a row with my fiancé last night and we loved it. Even though there are limited actions you can do, there is quite a bit of depth to the game. This game is definitely on my Must Have category for my wish list.

Since I've only played it two times so far, I can tell there is a lot of strategy to it like on where to cause jumping to do chain scoring. I did that a couple times but it was mostly by coincidence but I can see that being planned after more plays. Even the shifting of the lilypads seems to have a lot of depth that I haven't exactly seen the benefit of the different locations to slide them.

The game also plays maybe a little too fast for my taste but can see it taking a little longer with more players. Speaking of more players, it seems like you might be more at the whim of your opponents with more players which might make it harder to plan meaning you'd have to react more to current state of the game.

I really like games that play great with 2 but can scale to more and this seems to fit that category. It is probably only a matter of time before I pick up this gem. If anyone who reads this is on the edge about getting it, I would recommend picking it up as it has quite a bit of strategy in such a small and short game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words, Ben. I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, you summed it up pretty nice when you said there is a good amount of strategy in a small game, here.

I played my first game the other night (with 3 players) and found a lot to like. Plenty of interesting decisions to make, and frog meeples!

I also thought this was a cutesy little game until the description form the rulebook was read to me, and I came to understand the vicious nature of frog warfare.

This is on my short list of games to pick up as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.