Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The smoke grenade prohibits enemies outside the smoke card from firing into it. Will those enemies sit still for the turn, or will they close towards their targets (assuming they're able to move)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should still be able to move normally.

I think the way the smoke works is more about giving the soldiers the benefits of cover in a sense, without messing around with dice modifiers. The enemy still knows their there somewhere, so they would still move to close if they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it can be used to sucker the bad guys into closer range, where I'll have a better shot at them in my upcoming turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't about sucker them, but it mainly is used as a defensive measure to keep from being attacked from another location. They're still going to move where they would have moved anyway without you using the smoke.

A range 1 hostile isn't going to move into your location just because you used smoke, they are going to stay 1 location away still. A 0 range hostile isn't affected by smoke anyway since they can't attack you from a different location. So they would move into your location regardless if they were in the next location. A range 2 hostile is still going to stay 2 locations away regardless of smoke. Smoke doesn't make them do anything they normally wouldn't do regarding move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, now I understand. My question wasn't worded clearly. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls