7 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: getting off the fire truck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Jones
msg tools
mbmb
when you use the fire truck (to drive or use the gun), considering the fire track is on 2 spaces, which space is the person really on?

when moving off the firetack does it matter which tile I am start with

(X?) (X?)
<------------> <-------------> <- when coming off, which one am I one?
------------------------------- <-Fire truck parking

my guess is that it is up to me to decide. But I want to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
You choose where you are when you start on the fire truck, and each time it moves, you choose which space you end up on. If you walked onto the truck, then you're where ever you walked to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a rules perspective you are not "on" the fire truck. You are in one of the 2 spaces that the fire truck is on. This is important for 2 reasons. 1- if you move you need to be able to move correctly. 2- If fire exits the building you can get knocked down even if "on" the fire truck.

But yes you can ride and then exit on either side of the fire truck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you walk up to the truck you are on one space or the other.

If the truck moves and you ride the truck, you choose which space you are on when you exit the truck.

If you walk up to the truck and stop at the truck. On your next turn you are on "that" space. You do not get to magically start your move on the other space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bschremp wrote:
If the truck moves and you ride the truck, you choose which space you are on when you exit the truck.
Strictly speaking, you make that choice when the truck stops moving - because you could still get hit by a fire blast, or want to change your mind, between then and your turn.

The guiding principle I use is that there's no off-board state: what you see is what you get. You don't have to distinguish between "my piece is on the truck" and "my piece is on the ground next to the truck" because there's no in-game difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jones
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks everyone.

Basically you can move in the truck while in transit and choose where you get off (front or back)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thur
Germany
Weitersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bschremp wrote:

It's a kind of "Schrödinger's firefighter"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.