Subject: v1 versus v2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cole Biere
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to make an informed decision as to which version of Burma to pick up.

Aside from the price point, can anyone speak to the differences between the 1st and 2nd editions of the game?

Dean Essig has posted elsewhere that the 2nd edition is "crafted to fit with the v4.0 series rules"...

I wonder what this might mean exactly?

Significant changes to the game specific rule book?

Physical alterations/additions to the map and/or counters?

Thanks for your time,

Cole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you look at the previous threads on this topic? It seems to me that other than updating the core rules, it was mostly incorporating errata.

differences between 1st and 2nd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Biere
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Dan, thanks for the heads up! I did see that thread. Yeah, as you say, it looks like a core rules update, with the games rules altered accordingly (to what extent, I don't know).

Maybe some additional charts and player aids as well (which I gather can be found for download on The Gamers Archive, along with the new rules).

I actually prefer the 1st edition box art! But am not so keen on having to go the computer screen for rules/errata (any more than I already do shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.