Subject: Making use of the Map tile art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sort of idea has probably been posted already, but I have a hard time wading through 90+ pages of posts to see if it's there.

It seems a shame that such nice artwork should not have more significance in a game like this. Oh look, there's a barrel! Can I use that as cover? Or to block an approach so the baddies can't get me from that direction? Nope, it's just flavor. Well... maybe not.

I was initially inspired by the tile with large deposits of Dark Stone depicted. I started trying to figure out an easy way that could play into the game play. One thought was that a successful scavenge on that tile that generated stuff (can't remember if it's loot or gear or ?) of some sort (as opposed to a scavenge action that got an encounter or event) might also generate D3 of DS for each hero in the room.

I think others have worked out some rules for things like partial cover, etc... for some of the other artwork, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth as well.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you use the optional encounter rule in which you used the specified encounter with each card, it will reflect the art in terms of what the room is doing.

Cover is a different animal entirely. Adding cover to this game is a rules development project all its own. Personally, I don't favor adding that type of complexity. I think it would bog the game down and take away more fun than it adds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cover as a +2 armor save vs ranged (so 5-6 if no gear). Fits into the existing armor gear rule space and would add some tactics to the game when "intelligent" creatures are involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Expanded Town preview at GenCon, Jason Hill said cover rules are coming. And the enemy AI will likely take advantage of it too. Not sure if it will only apply during town missions/fights or if it will be everywhere (most likely it will be global though).

- John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/117121/updated-house-rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.