Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Broom Service» Forums » General

Subject: Any updates on availability/reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazy that this won game of the year and has been unavailable through the announcement and Gencon. Way to leverage the buzz!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke DeWitt
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Available at Time Well Spent.

http://www.timewellspentgames.com/html/gamepage.php?id=6306
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain has it readily available as well:

https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=032991
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean wide availability, not imported copies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
crackbone wrote:
Crazy that this won game of the year and has been unavailable through the announcement and Gencon. Way to leverage the buzz!

You are right. It was sold out very fast, but there will be a reprint available in a few days/weeks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been available on Amazon the whole time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
crackbone wrote:
I mean wide availability, not imported copies.

....what makes you think any of the mentioned copies are imported?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crackbone wrote:
Crazy that this won game of the year and has been unavailable through the announcement and Gencon. Way to leverage the buzz!


It won a German prize. It's readily available in Germany.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
crackbone wrote:
Crazy that this won game of the year and has been unavailable through the announcement and Gencon. Way to leverage the buzz!

You are right. It was sold out very fast, but there will be a reprint available in a few days/weeks!
Well, this is a true statement no matter what . But will it be in 15 days or in 150 days?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
But will it be in 15 days or in 150 days?
Hopefully mid to end of August is accurate.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19929859#19929859
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There must be a time traveller involved somewhere as I saw a copy in a game shop here in Australia last night and normally we need to wait a year or two for the new stuff.

That said I realised it that the publishers are trying to continue the series that ended for me with #15 so it does not matter to me if it is available or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Espinoza wrote:
But will it be in 15 days or in 150 days?
Hopefully mid to end of August is accurate.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19929859#19929859
Thanks! That would fit perfectly with my preorder of Mission: Red Planet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Espinoza wrote:
But will it be in 15 days or in 150 days?
Hopefully mid to end of August is accurate.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19929859#19929859

That's what I was told.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
crackbone wrote:
I mean wide availability, not imported copies.

....what makes you think any of the mentioned copies are imported?

Because:
-both of those retailers commonly stock imports
-The company that was supposed to be selling it at Gencon said the first US printing was already sold out
-None of the "normal" OLGS like CSI or MM have it available currently (I say normal as in they don't regularly import games for resale)
-All three of the FLGS I asked told me it was not available from their distributors

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
crackbone wrote:
apotheos wrote:
crackbone wrote:
I mean wide availability, not imported copies.

....what makes you think any of the mentioned copies are imported?

Because:
-both of those retailers commonly stock imports
-The company that was supposed to be selling it at Gencon said the first US printing was already sold out
-None of the "normal" OLGS like CSI or MM have it available currently (I say normal as in they don't regularly import games for resale)
-All three of the FLGS I asked told me it was not available from their distributors

Well it clearly is a bit limited and the first printing is sold out at the distribution level, but every English copy you see is not imported but part of the regular north american release. It's on a few store shelves around me, so you just need to find a shop that got an order in on this first printing. Like those mentioned here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As of right now it's back in stock (20+) at CSI...but at a new price of $40, compared to the previous one of $30.50.

I wonder if that's going to be the norm now.

Mmmm...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bozarth
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been able to find this in stock in the US lately? I put in a pre-order when I got back from GenCon where they told me it would be coming back at the end of August. It is quite a bit past that and I have yet to hear anything or see it anywhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BozarthPrime wrote:
Has anyone been able to find this in stock in the US lately? I put in a pre-order when I got back from GenCon where they told me it would be coming back at the end of August. It is quite a bit past that and I have yet to hear anything or see it anywhere.
My FLGS here in Chicago emailed me on Friday to inform me that they had the game in stock finally (or at least 1 copy of it I guess)

However... it doesn't seem to be available for online distribution yet (I now want to add it to an online order awaiting for Mission: Red Planet at CSI but no luck)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
The domestic release has been and gone at most online retailers I know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
Avatar
mbmbmb
The Spiel De Jahres winner will be back in stock. And expansions. Bet on it.

I am amazed how slowly this is happening. A lot of sales have probably been lost. But many of us will still be here when the supply hits. I thought it would hit at the end of August. Now I think it will hit after Essen Spiel. Or next year - sometime. Hopefully before the next SdJ winner is announced.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bozarth
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
The Spiel De Jahres winner will be back in stock. And expansions. Bet on it.

I am amazed how slowly this is happening. A lot of sales have probably been lost. But many of us will still be here when the supply hits. I thought it would hit at the end of August. Now I think it will hit after Essen Spiel. Or next year - sometime. Hopefully before the next SdJ winner is announced.

Absolutely it will be back in stock. I am just shocked at just how long it is taking, like you said. It seems like they missed a lot of sales there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just very frustrating not to have any official news about this for the longest time. I don't get it. I've witnessed several cases of publishers valuing users of this site enough to address questions about reprints and distribution.

In Ravensburger case however nobobody with behind the scenes knowledge about such things seems to care enough to do it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I asked the publisher in July, they told me it should be available again mid to end of August. I don't know how many games the second print run was, apparently not enough. I will ask again. I also find this frustrating.
About the Info: I'm sure Ravensburger has not found this thread yet, but I mailed them the link now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an answer from Ravensburger. In short: Up to now they did not receive many copies and they were sold quite fast due to high demand. Thats the reason why some shops have Broom Service, others not. They try hard to get more games. Another bunch should arrive soon but probably will again be sold out very fast.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bozarth
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
I got an answer from Ravensburger. In short: Up to now they did not receive many copies and they were sold quite fast due to high demand. Thats the reason why some shops have Broom Service, others not. They try hard to get more games. Another bunch should arrive soon but probably will again be sold out very fast.

Thank you. Hopefully my FLGS gets some in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |