Subject: How can I find my pending images? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Starbäck
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At my contribution page at http://boardgamegeek.com/user/star/contributions I find number of contributions of various kinds, for example under Items it says "Board Game Version 3 1 Pending".
But under Images it doesn't mention pending, only accepted. Why is that? Where can I find (and maybe edit) the list of my pending images?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think you have to go into Geekmod to see those. But there's probably no reason to worry about editing your pending images, they usually come through modding in a few hours, and you can then easily delete any that you've changed your mind about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this does it:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/all/page/1?fi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
I thought you might be onto something there, but it's just showing me images that are already accepted and placed in the respective game galleries.

PS: I tried editing myself into that line, and still see only my recent images that are already accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
This does pending images (I think): www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/all/page/1?filestate=...

But it's for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
This does pending images (I think): www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/all/page/1?filestate=...

But it's for everyone.
I'm not seeing it, Walt -- just images that are accepted, placed, and even thumbed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
On the upload page there should be a "view" link for each picture, allowing you to view them and subscribe to them, after which you can reach them through your subscriptions page. (There's also some counterintuitive way to auto-subscribe to posted images I think?) When viewing a pending image you should be able to edit the caption, delete the image or propose a category change, but not change the mod note or change the category at will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of edits do you want to do? You can edit the caption once an image has been approved using the edit link above the image. Since images can't be revised and re-submitted like versions and games, there isn't really an edit/resubmit action like with those items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
On the upload page there should be a "view" link for each picture, allowing you to view them and subscribe to them, after which you can reach them through your subscriptions page. (There's also some counterintuitive way to auto-subscribe to posted images I think?) When viewing a pending image you should be able to edit the caption, delete the image or propose a category change, but not change the mod note or change the category at will.

Subscription preferences

https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs

let you auto subscribe when you post things, including images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Subscription preferences

https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs

let you auto subscribe when you post things, including images.

But the "Subscribe by default when I post ... Images" option doesn't actually make you subscribe to images when you post them. That's the unintuitive part. There's another way but I can't remember what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
On the upload page there should be a "view" link for each picture, allowing you to view them and subscribe to them, after which you can reach them through your subscriptions page.
To be specific on this, as I have just experimented and learned with a new image of my own, you have to open your "Subscriptions" page, and then go into the "Manage Subscriptions" tab and the "images" sub-tab.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Starbäck
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:

But there's probably no reason to worry about editing your pending images, they usually come through modding in a few hours, and you can then easily delete any that you've changed your mind about.

Actually all of them came through within an hour after my posting, but that was after several days of waiting.

Kaffedrake wrote:
On the upload page there should be a "view" link for each picture, allowing you to view them and subscribe to them,

I did see and follow that after uploading, but I never thought I would have to remember (or subscribe to) them then, feeling sure that it would be possible to view them again.

indigopotter wrote:
What kind of edits do you want to do? You can edit the caption once an image has been approved using the edit link above the image. Since images can't be revised and re-submitted like versions and games, there isn't really an edit/resubmit action like with those items.

In this case I wanted to remove a duplicate, and if possible add a note to moderators for another. Surely it's better that I clean that up myself than to have moderators do it. Another reason for wanting to view the images even if you can't edit them is to see what you already have done if you have forgot, so you don't redo it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
star wrote:
I did see and follow that after uploading, but I never thought I would have to remember (or subscribe to) them then, feeling sure that it would be possible to view them again.

The images that you upload are visible under the contributions tab of your profile, once they're approved.

https://boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/all?username=star

Geekmod is generally pretty good about weeding out duplicates. If they are somehow approved, you can delete one using the delete link above the image. BGG images don't usually take days, so it may have been that the mixed votes for having duplicate images required more votes and slowed things down.

You can only add the geekmod note when uploading, so it's best to take your time and make each submission the best it can be before hitting upload.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Starbäck
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
The images that you upload are visible under the contributions tab of your profile, once they're approved.

Yes, seeing approved images has never been a problem, so that's not what the question was about.

Oh well, this seems to be a more or less intended misfeature of BGG. I can work around it, so it's no biggie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls