Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures?
Video?
A write up by anyone?

I want to preorder this, but I need more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Pictures?
Video?
A write up by anyone?

first, you can check chaddyboy_2000's comments about the game here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/171...

I got to play a 3 player game with the designer. I enjoyed it a lot and will be buying it.

The way the game plays is you each have 2 bombs (cards) that need to be disarmed. Each card has requirements of what you need to disarm (certain colors or numbers or stacks or pyramids).

Each turn, one person randomly grabs dice from a bag equal to the number of players. these are then rolled. each player needs to grab exactly one of those and add it to a bomb if able. For each one that can't be added to a bomb, you roll it and everyone need to lose one die of that color or number (if possible.) dice not used or lost go back to the bag. (note the bag has 5 dice of 5 different colors, IIRC)

If you complete a bomb, you grab a new one from 5 bombs that are faceup on the table. after choosing one you flip a new card from the top of the deck. (each bomb has a difficulty of 1-5 printed on it. if you have too many difficult ones at once, you might get stuck.)

The goal is to get through the whole deck within 10 minutes. we didn't get anywhere close.

I love time sensitive games, so I'm very excited about this one. This is an instabuy.

If you have any other questions, I can try to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and i see here http://www.renegadegamestudios.com/fuse/ that there are 54 bomb cards and 22 fuse cards. I don't know if they are different difficulties of cards. it is possible we didn't get to see what fuse cards at all. (perhaps something that helps with dice manipulation?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
Pictures?
Video?
A write up by anyone?

first, you can check chaddyboy_2000's comments about the game here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/171...

I got to play a 3 player game with the designer. I enjoyed it a lot and will be buying it.

The way the game plays is you each have 2 bombs (cards) that need to be disarmed. Each card has requirements of what you need to disarm (certain colors or numbers or stacks or pyramids).

Each turn, one person randomly grabs dice from a bag equal to the number of players. these are then rolled. each player needs to grab exactly one of those and add it to a bomb if able. For each one that can't be added to a bomb, you roll it and everyone need to lose one die of that color or number (if possible.) dice not used or lost go back to the bag. (note the bag has 5 dice of 5 different colors, IIRC)

If you complete a bomb, you grab a new one from 5 bombs that are faceup on the table. after choosing one you flip a new card from the top of the deck. (each bomb has a difficulty of 1-5 printed on it. if you have too many difficult ones at once, you might get stuck.)

The goal is to get through the whole deck within 10 minutes. we didn't get anywhere close.

I love time sensitive games, so I'm very excited about this one. This is an instabuy.

Thanks for the report and directing me to Chaddyboy_2000's comment.

I'm also a sucker for real time/timed games, hence this being high on my wishlist. It sounds great.

Any idea how big the box will be/is?

I wanted to try this at Origins, but they're early shipment didn't make it in time to be displayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
Pictures?
Video?
A write up by anyone?

Thanks for the report and directing me to Chaddyboy_2000's comment.

I'm also a sucker for real time/timed games, hence this being high on my wishlist. It sounds great.

Any idea how big the box will be/is?

I wanted to try this at Origins, but they're early shipment didn't make it in time to be displayed.

I expect it to be smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael's explanation is a good one. I'll just add that you don't want to just grab the die you want (unless you REALLY need it) because it's a co-op game and everyone needs to take a die. With each roll you need to work out the best distribution between the players.

The Fuse Cards (there will actually be 11 in the game...I removed the duplicates as they weren't necessary). They work similar to when players can't take a die. If a Fuse Card comes up, all players will need to lose a die from their Bomb Cards, and return it to the bag. The Fuse Cards show either a number or a color. So, if a blue Fuse Card came up, all player would lose 1 blue die if possible. The standard game has you putting 6 randomly into the deck, but you can adjust it however you want for easier or more difficult games.

I think the box will be the same size as Lanterns, but I'm not positive. Somewhere around there though. We're making the game portable too, so if you're going to a game day and don't want to pack the box, the entire game will fit in the bag that comes with it.

I know Scott from Renegade did a video with BGG at GenCon too, so that should be posted soon. The video and the demos were done with a Game Crafter mockup. The actual game will come with custom dice and high quality components.

We're sending the game to the printers and looking at a November release, so we'll get more info out in the next few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:

The Fuse Cards (there will actually be 11 in the game...I removed the duplicates as they weren't necessary). They work similar to when players can't take a die.

oh right, you definitely explained them, I just think we ended up never drawing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
Michael's explanation is a good one. I'll just add that you don't want to just grab the die you want (unless you REALLY need it) because it's a co-op game and everyone needs to take a die. With each roll you need to work out the best distribution between the players.

The Fuse Cards (there will actually be 11 in the game...I removed the duplicates as they weren't necessary). They work similar to when players can't take a die. If a Fuse Card comes up, all players will need to lose a die from their Bomb Cards, and return it to the bag. The Fuse Cards show either a number or a color. So, if a blue Fuse Card came up, all player would lose 1 blue die if possible. The standard game has you putting 6 randomly into the deck, but you can adjust it however you want for easier or more difficult games.

I think the box will be the same size as Lanterns, but I'm not positive. Somewhere around there though. We're making the game portable too, so if you're going to a game day and don't want to pack the box, the entire game will fit in the bag that comes with it.

I know Scott from Renegade did a video with BGG at GenCon too, so that should be posted soon. The video and the demos were done with a Game Crafter mockup. The actual game will come with custom dice and high quality components.

We're sending the game to the printers and looking at a November release, so we'll get more info out in the next few months.

Thanks for the information!

When you say "custom dice" exactly what does that mean?

I noticed that the video that went up today from BGG's live feed shows standard looking D6s. Will the production dice not have numbers and instead icons or are they custom in some other way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:

Thanks for the information!

When you say "custom dice" exactly what does that mean?

I noticed that the video that went up today from BGG's live feed shows standard looking D6s. Will the production dice not have numbers and instead icons or are they custom in some other way?

It will still be 1 - 6 but they will look digital (Like a ticking bomb clock might look, I believe). I can't remember the exact details
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah

*smacks forehead*

Numbers!

Of course. I'm so used to "custom" meaning some crazy design, I forgot you could just have a mildly different number on them and they play the exact same as a regular d6.

Now I to play the waiting game until my pre-order from CSI ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Ah

*smacks forehead*

Numbers!

Of course. I'm so used to "custom" meaning some crazy design, I forgot you could just have a mildly different number on them and they play the exact same as a regular d6.

Now I am just playing the waiting game until my pre-order from CSI ships.

enjoy the long wait. Play the new star trek 5 year mission game if you want to play something similar in the meantime. Not quite the same time pressure, but similar games. (FUSE is better IMO, but I like time sensitive games a lot.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls