Subject: The game with the turn three win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hills
United Kingdom
St Albans
flag msg tools
mb
This was a five player game, four of us veterans, plus a relative newbie playing Khorne (I was Skaven). The layout had most of the Warpstone in the north, nobles in the centre, and skaven tokens in the west, however the first old world card produced more nobles, which I placed in Estalia and Tilea. In hindsight, this was probably wrong.

Khorne started with a central Empire play to keep his options open, Nurgle and Tzeentch went straight to the northeast. Slaanesh and I played zero cost cards to stall - mine was a Skiitterleap in Estalia, which was too much of a telegraph, as Slaanesh played the card that gave him power points there at the next opportunity, so I was forced to go elsewhere. Tzeentch and Nurgle locked up the north and northeast, while Slaanesh took Estalia and I used Tilea as an easy dominate to score extra points and power with cards and set up for future turns. Khorne took a few easy kills to win the dial ticks.

Turn two scored us all points for each peasant we'd killed...
We carried on much as before. I got out another skaven token in the Border Princes (we'd all ignored that corner completely), while everybody else hunkered down in their areas to drop corruption, secure dial ticks, and score points from all the nobles around. Defensive cards were spread liberally to protect us from Khorne. I moved to secure the skaven tokens in Brettonia and the Border Princes and get some ticks for myself, and Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh continued to drop corruption in the northeast and Estalia. Attempts were made to spread out a bit, but Khorne jumped on them, preventing more than the odd corrution from dropping. Slaanesh and I were comfortably in the lead, both around twenty points, while the others were under ten.

Turn three brought the Brettonian knights. I added the extra hero to Kislev to mess up the choke point Tzeentch and Nurgle had. Everyone expanded, while trying to keep their base secure. Khorne had Vengeance out now, so was more dangerous in battle, and Tzeentch had the Lord of Change upgrade that caused it to drop Warpstone. Tzeentch and Nurgle could see that the northeast locations were going to go soon, and started piling in more cultists to drop the most corruption and secure the first place points for when they exploded. Nurgle played the card that gave them points for everything summoned there, and eventually scored several from that. The Lord of Change arrived in Kislev to add Warpstone. Tzeentch also made the Badlands adjacent to everywhere, as it had a (thus far ignored) warpstone, and was still empty. The Empire had had a bloodletter in it the whole game, which everybody had avoided, so we all went into the Badlands to use it as a stepping stone to the other side of the map. I jumped into Troll Country and Kislev to leech some points as they were going to go soon. A big fight looked ready to start in Kislev, but Tzeentch made everybody drop corruption instead.

Nurgle played the card that adds corruption to all adjacent regions to the Badlands, and filled it with Plaguebearers. Poor luck from Khorne made it overall a very low violence round, but after the fighting Nurgle dominated it, and so spread corrution to every location, along with the regular corruption for the turn. Norsca exploded. Troll Country exploded. Kislev exploded. Estalia exploded. All but Kislev had exactly twelve corruption/warpstone. Two firsts, two seconds, and all the ruiner bonuses brought Nurgle to fifty two points.

Turn three win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a nurgle-lover player, reading this session has filled me with joy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brock
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:
As a nurgle-lover player, reading this session has filled me with joy

Turns me green... and I don't mean with envy! gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Nurgle is ALL love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME!!!!
Never read of such a fast win. Hurrahs for the Lord of the Pestilence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done. I won an expansion game by VP with Khorne in three turns once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.