Carcassonne» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Christmas Carcassonne w/ homemade meeples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Bolger
United States
flag msg tools
In the begining...
I played Carcassonne at a friends house a couple weeks ago. I immediately purchased it and took it to my family's to play. We played a great 5 player game and everyone was excited to play again when we got together for Christmas. I knew we'd have extra people so I purchased some expansions(Inns and Cathedrals, River II, King and Scout) as well as Games Quarterly to get some extra tiles. I then cut some meeples (although I was in a hurry and just made them square, see picture called Christmas Carcassonne w/ homemade meeples) out of wood so that we could give it a shot with 7 players. I figured the extra tiles would make it even out with the number of tiles you play in the game and it would be similiar to the 5-player session we had that was so fun. Boy was I wrong.
We ended up with a decent number of tiles to each use, but it was sooo long between turns and the board changed so much each turn that the strategy aspect was almost completely gone.
It was really sad to see my family go from excited to play the game to very dissapointed, I hope I can get them to play again with less people.
All in all I won by a large sum because I saw early that this would be tough and farmed most of my meeples out while others gave up on creating large towns and just made as many as they could.
Lesson learned!shake
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.