Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I know there was a thread a couple of months ago (here: Second edition box art) in which the issue of the very prominent North Star silhouette party logo was debated and discussed.

I took from that thread (and note the official picture associated with the game here on BGG), that the logo would be prominently across the front of the box. Though I did not take part in the debate (what do I know about marketing?), I was very pleased from a personal aesthetic point of view to receive my Kickstarter box yesterday, which does not have the silhouette logo on the front of the box.

Perhaps I missed an announcement or a post about this, but it came as a very pleasant surprise. The logo is on the back of the box, where it is noticeable, but unobtrusive. Kudos to whoever made that final design decision. The front-of-box design was, to my eye, jarring and detracted from the great artwork this game box has.

So, yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a Kickstarter Exclusive stretch goal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

And so it was. I somehow totally missed that. Sorry for getting people's hopes up for the retail release. The box really does look much nicer this way, so maybe next printing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrblueesq wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

And so it was. I somehow totally missed that. Sorry for getting people's hopes up for the retail release. The box really does look much nicer this way, so maybe next printing...
I believe that the BBoP (Black Bar o' People) is a trademark thing with North Star Games. While is fits in with their party game line, I think something more subdued might work better for their strategy game line (which consists of Evolution and its expansions at the moment).

Anybody have a suggestion for what type of trademark they think North Star Games should use for their non-party games?

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls