Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If, at any time, A Family no longer has any Population counters in it, is the Family counter immediately removed from play? (I swear this is in the rules, but I can't find it.)

This keeps coming up in my games. For example: Pueblo War in the West says "remove all counters from Family's box to Passage of Time" and yet, oddly, does not mention removing the actual Family counter. Does it stay on the board even though it has no Population?

If it stays on the board, it feels like double jeopardy. Like, take this example: you lose your last Population counter in a battle, and yet, because the Family counter remains on the board in the Caught box, you have to suffer the post-battle effects of being there.

Or is always just as simple as: All Pop removed = Family counter immediately removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
section 1.7.5, the important note under the population display bullet:

Quote:
Important: If at any time, a Family Box on the Population Display does not contain at least 1 adult, any child and animal counters in that Family’s Family box must be immediately removed to the Passage of Time Box and the Family counter removed from the map to its holding space in the Family’s box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There it is!!! Where have you been hiding, Rule 1.7.5?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's the problem, isn't it? With a new game, we race through the early rules (yes, I know 1MP = 1 space; yes, I know I sit at the side of the table where my forces come in from; can we get to the meat please?) and after we get to movement/activation/combat we rarely revisit any rule starting with a '1'.....

If Joel had written the rules backward you might not have asked the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.