Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Tischler
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi @all!

A pal of mine and myself play this game once in a while and while we are still beginners we had two very specific situations which were not completely clear to us. We were using the german rulebook, but I crosschecked the english manual too, neither one gives clarity, so I am posting this for suggestions.

Hint: both situations are from a 2-player-game and occur only when using the privilege which allows you to place a figure in the same seat another figure has already taken...

Situation 1:

Milano is being scored, with player red having a noble in the leftmost sest, but player green having an envoy in the leftmost and the middle seat. For majority, both players have technically a count of 2, both players occupy the leftmost seat too. Who has here the majority?
(Our Suggestion: Red ... as the german ruleset suggests that a noble counts as two seats [for majority], which could be visually transformed to two leftmost seats occupied by player red while player green only has one leftmost and a middle seat. You could argue, player green had a higher cost as he/she really had to pay two seats, but the german rulebook indicates slightly that the leftmost seat is not always the most expensive seat, so we decided to be player red the majority winner of milano)

Situation 2:

In this situation player red and player green both have an envoy at the leftmost seat, so there is clearly no winner. How is scoring on ties, who gets to choose bonusses first? What are the implications in a 3 to 5 player game for the other players, if this occurs?
(Our suggestion: We gave both players the points for majority and the player who has placed his/her figure firdt the right to choose the bonis treasure first, so it was not really a big problem for our game, but this might changd in games with more players, especially with two players having the same privilege)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions or references to posts/faq where this has been answered already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Since dawn of time the fate of man is that of lice
mb
The rules for that privilege say:

Place your figure on the same office seat space, to the right of the one already there.

Ties are broken by looking from left to right at which player has the first piece. So when the first occupied space has two pieces in it, the tiebreak winner is the person that placed in the space first. This is for majority scoring and for majority bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Tischler
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Thanks a lot. It's clear now, didn't understand that the wording splves this so elegant. (Now I can't really understand why we both didn't figure this out). This solves everything, thank you :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
The rules for that privilege say:

Place your figure on the same office seat space, to the right of the one already there.

Ties are broken by looking from left to right at which player has the first piece. So when the first occupied space has two pieces in it, the tiebreak winner is the person that placed in the space first. This is for majority scoring and for majority bonuses.

Odd my rules say "directly next to." I am pretty happy with the interpretation that to the right of makes the most sense.

[Reading through the forum, I see that this is just a difference between the English and German rules. *sigh* At least one rulebook had the answer.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.