Subject: Multiplayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know about the multiplayer in this? I am just curious of the rules and if there will be rules for drafting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've said that it still works in multiplayer. It's just designed and marketed as a 2 player game. I don't think there's any reason why some standard free-for-all multiplayer rules wouldn't work here. I'm still waiting for my copy to come in, so I don't know if the rule book has anything specifically about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They give rules for 3-4 player free for all, 2 vs 2, and 2-Headed Teammates in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game last night and played a few three player games and I say that this game is EVEN BETTER as a multiplayer game and that it was even better than the old VS in this way. You don't have the problem where all of the players can focus on one player and knock them out of the game.

Seriously everyone you should get a copy and play it multiplayer it was a lot of fun!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a revamped version of the old "The Coming of Galactus Giant Sized Deck" where all of the other players take on one super powered player (such as Galactus). Might have to bump up each of the other players main characters health a bit so they would get wiped out quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for reviving it, but I prefer that to open a new thread.

With more than 2 years running, does anyone play it in a group of 3 or 4 people? If so, free for all? or 2 vs 2 (or 1 vs 2 if possible with the basic box)?

I am thinking of giving it a shot with a group of 3 or 4 people, though it won't have much continuity because we met from time to time. So the deck-building part OUT. I'll use pre-defined decks.

2-headed-teammates looks interesting (though I don't know if it would work with 3 players).
Also, with a single copy, I guess it is forbidden to team-attack with your mate because characters wouldn't share affiliation, right? Although we could house-rule to do that... for the sake of the "alliance", right?

So what's your experience? do you recommend it a 3/4 players, or at that number we'd better play something else?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vs System 2PCG: Monsters Unleashed! provides a 1 vs all mode, where one is in charge of the Leviathan Queen and monster army. The monsters are huge, and you get a bonus for each location you play, based on the resource icon showing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for chiming in that fast Jason (by the way, "Hail Hydra!" cool),
I read about it on the new Compiled Rulebook 3.0.1, but I'm not getting it. I own the basic box + Defenders and with that I'm going to play.
I guess if we are 3 we will free-for-all, though I'm hoping to be 4 to try the 2-headed-teammate.

So, how's the multiplayer game after 2 years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls