Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advanced Targeting Computer ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Blue
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
So first off let me make sure I understand the card itself. So if the Tie Advanced has a target lock on the ship its attacking and chooses to not spend that target lock he can add 1 critical hit to the dice roll. So if you just say roll 2 attack dice and get 2 hits its actually adding a 3rd dice thats not there that is a crit correct?

Ok so now lets say we are running Commander Kenkirk, Isard, Emperor Palpatine, and EU with Darth Vader, Tie X1 Title, Proton Rockets, Predator, EU, and Advanced Targeting Computer. Probably not an ideal list with no way to change Kenkirks roll but just an example.

Vader is at range 1 of an enemy ship with a target lock on that ship and a focus. He can spend his Proton Rockets to roll 5 dice. Thats 5 dice with Predator and a Focus token to spend to alter the dice. 1 of those 5 dice you can end up making a critical hit with Palpatines ability. Then on top of all that you can add a critical hit to not spend your target lock? So basically in that situation you are for sure getting 2 crits and a high percentage chance of at least 5 hits 2 of them being crits? On top of that a chance of 6 hits with 2 of them for sure being crits. If I am understanding this right that seems extremely strong. I haven't thought it out very well but I am assuming it will be thought out pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
ATC is Primary Weapon

Everything else is true enough tho
Vader at range 1 to can roll 5 dice with a single shot, 3 point Proton Rocket with a guaranteed critical from Palpatine

Tho, he could also...
At range 1, roll 3 dice with a guaranteed critical from Palpatine and an additional dice guaranteed critical from ATC. For a total of 4 dice.

Is a single additional die in a single shot worth 3 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blue
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Ok that makes sense. Primary weapon only. And no I don't think that 3 points is worth 1 extra dice once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.