Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured I would plop down some possibilities for drafting from a single base set. I've fiddled around with some different numbers, but I think you could support up to four players with this method.

--- Rules

Shuffle up each of the Level 1 Main Characters. Deal each player three Main characters. Keep these hidden for the draft.

This next part takes some sorting.

Take one of each other card (80 total), shuffle them into a big a deck and deal 6 cards to each player. Players will choose one and pass the rest left. Do this until all 6 are drafted, then deal 6 more to each player. Players choose one and pass right for the second round of drafting. Repeat one more time passing left again.

Everyone will end up with 18 unique cards. Then everyone grabs two more copies of each of the cards they drafted. So players will have a total of 3 Main characters to choose from, and 54 other cards. Build a 40 card deck and choose a Main character.

Fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
The old VS I found fun to play casually with 4 players. Curious if this one works as well as the old version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
The old VS I found fun to play casually with 4 players. Curious if this one works as well as the old version...

I would actually say that it works better as a Four player game than old VS. You don't have the problem where everyone can just attack one player and get them out of the game as quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
Bond8089 wrote:

I would actually say that it works better as a Four player game than old VS. You don't have the problem where everyone can just attack one player and get them out of the game as quickly.

That's a great point. Once your Main is stunned, you can't (at least directly) be moved closer to defeat. You can still attack their support characters, but it's not like I can get my board wiped and then get attacked by the next two players in turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.