Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have a question about two rules, I cannot find them anywhere here

1. When effect says it takes plase during status phase when exactly it is taking place? As status phase have few steps.

2. What if there are effects which take plase "during status phase" and "at the end of round". end of round is a part of status phase so I am not sure about it.

3. Interact on one of imperium ability. It says to use this card after hero rest, then you can interact to attack or move. But in rules we can say that interact pauses current action. So rest should be finished or not in thie case?

Uffff, no spoilers here

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Most of the time, it is clear about which step it happens in. Could you please indicate the effect which doesn't?

2. I can't recall any such effects, but something that happens "during the status phase" could happen at any time during the phase. Activating such an ability in the end of phase step would be possible, with other End of Round effects activating simultaneously (choosing order of resolution based on the Conflict rules). Again, please indicate which effect you are interested in, just to be sure you are reading it correctly.

3. The word you are looking for is 'interrupt', not 'interact'. The card in question says to interrupt after the hero performs a Rest. Thus, this particular interrupt occurs after they have recovered Strain (and/or Damage if they have suffered fewer strain than their Endurance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
1. Most of the time, it is clear about which step it happens in. Could you please indicate the effect which doesn't?

2. I can't recall any such effects, but something that happens "during the status phase" could happen at any time during the phase. Activating such an ability in the end of phase step would be possible, with other End of Round effects activating simultaneously (choosing order of resolution based on the Conflict rules). Again, please indicate which effect you are interested in, just to be sure you are reading it correctly.

3. The word you are looking for is 'interrupt', not 'interact'. The card in question says to interrupt after the hero performs a Rest. Thus, this particular interrupt occurs after they have recovered Strain (and/or Damage if they have suffered fewer strain than their Endurance).

Those first two points I am talking about are from mission: Temptation, page 7. There is "end of round effect" and "during status phase"

I am writing this in spoiler as there as a little information about that mission

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It's about tokens which are discarded at the end of round. Basing on information which you wrote Diala can first loose token, make a test to see if she loose one more and then recover one allowing one imperial figure to make a move and attack?

As for interrupt - sorry, my bad It should be interrupt.

So accordding to your post, if this happen after hero rest why there is a word interrupt? It could just say - after hero rest make a move or attack targeting that hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Those first two points I am talking about are from mission: Temptation, page 7. There is "end of round effect" and "during status phase"

OK, I see what you mean.

Quote:
I am writing this in spoiler as there as a little information about that mission

It's about tokens which are discarded at the end of round. Basing on information which you wrote Diala can first loose token, make a test to see if she loose one more and then recover one allowing one imperial figure to make a move and attack?

Your order is how it will almost always happen. Both events are mission events, so the conflict rules say the Imperial Player chooses in which order they activate. This is also required as the Rebels have no idea when the end of round effects may or not be present. As the Imperial Player is almost always going to want to activate the one that happens during the Status Phase before the End of Round effects, the order is pretty much determined.

Quote:
So accordding to your post, if this happen after hero rest why there is a word interrupt? It could just say - after hero rest make a move or attack targeting that hero.

You are still interrupting their activation to do a significant action-like thing, and effects which do so are the ones marked with 'interrupt'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
AkitaInu wrote:
Clipper wrote:

OK, I see what you mean.

Quote:

Ok, so we can simply say that those two effects are mission effects which resolves at the same time and I, as Imperial player, choose the order.

So for example I will first choose for rebel player to choose the effect. As she has full supply of tokens she can only discard one and get "a reward" for discarding.

Clipper wrote:

Your order is how it will almost always happen. Both events are mission events, so the conflict rules say the Imperial Player chooses in which order they activate. This is also required as the Rebels have no idea when the end of round effects may or not be present. As the Imperial Player is almost always going to want to activate the one that happens during the Status Phase before the End of Round effects, the order is pretty much determined.

Quote:

Quote:
You are still interrupting their activation to do a significant action-like thing, and effects which do so are the ones marked with 'interrupt'.

Hmm as per rules I am interrupting an action, not activation:

When resolving an interrupt
ability, players pause the current action of the game and resolve
the interrupting ability. After the effect is resolved, players resume
playing from the point that was interrupted. For example, if an
attack is interrupted, the interrupting ability is fully resolved
before players finish resolving the attack.

The thing is - is player really first recovering stamin (and health if possible) or I will first apply damage (and possibly wound player) and then player will recover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diala still has a choice in the example you gave. She can choose the option that gains her a token even if there are none to gain. Gaining a token is not a cost, so she can choose the option, ignoring any rules she cannot perform.

As for interrupts, yes, it pauses an action if there is one currently being performed. Jyn's Quick Draw also causes an interrupt at the start of an activation and there is definitely no action happening then, so this is proof that an action doesn't need to be happening, despite the wording.

The use of the word 'after' in this case is key. That's what let's you know you interrupt after the Rest is performed, and the hero Recovers Strain while performing the Rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Diala still has a choice in the example you gave. She can choose the option that gains her a token even if there are none to gain. Gaining a token is not a cost, so she can choose the option, ignoring any rules she cannot perform.

As for interrupts, yes, it pauses an action if there is one currently being performed. Jyn's Quick Draw also causes an interrupt at the start of an activation and there is definitely no action happening then, so this is proof that an action doesn't need to be happening, despite the wording.

The use of the word 'after' in this case is key. That's what let's you know you interrupt after the Rest is performed, and the hero Recovers Strain while performing the Rest.

Ok, you are right, components are not limitet in this case. So Diala can take 9th token

As for interrupt. So word interrupt is not necessary here? Because there is nothing to interrupt here (no action, according to rules)

p.s. thank you very much for your replies !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
As for interrupt. So word interrupt is not necessary here? Because there is nothing to interrupt here (no action, according to rules)

Because it is triggered After rest, the Rest action has already resolved fully.

I don't think the word Interrupt is used very consistently in the game, but it does seem to be used when a figure has already started their action or are still resolving it (mostly the interact action). However, all abilities have triggers that define when they are resolved. If multiple abilities have the same trigger, the Timing rules from page 2 specify in which order they happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kassler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the reason the included the "Interrupt" term in this case is because a hero could take the Rest action as their first action and still have an action pending, thus requiring the Imperial player to interrupt his activation to achieve this effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is basically used when you are interrupting either an action or an activation. The wording in the rules only mentions actions, but the interpretation is clear.

In addition to Jyn's ability, note also that some abilities allow you to interrupt when figures enter nearby spaces. Such figures are usually not in the midst of resolving an action either (note that the Move action only gains you points, you spend them outside the action). The word 'interrupt' is still used to indicate you interrupt the activation to do your own thing before returning to the original figure's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.