mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started my first play through of the first scenario and just want to clarify a couple of points:

1. Victory says that I need to capture and control the remaining green city spaces, but then later on it also states that unfortified city spaces need not be controlled. Since the green spaces need to be unfortified to capture them would this overrules the first part.

If i reduce all city spaces to DS 0 is there a need to leave anyone behind?

2. Special rule says, The player may recruit 1 INF unit from each city space he captures at no cost... So is this done as soon as the city is captured or dose it need to be done during the recruit action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
Just started my first play through of the first scenario and just want to clarify a couple of points:

1. Victory says that I need to capture and control the remaining green city spaces, but then later on it also states that unfortified city spaces need not be controlled. Since the green spaces need to be unfortified to capture them would this overrules the first part.

The green spaces need to be garrisoned or they revert.

Trade routes can pass through DS 0 spaces, so you don't need to leave people behind in the independent cities.

Quote:
2. Special rule says, The player may recruit 1 INF unit from each city space he captures at no cost... So is this done as soon as the city is captured or dose it need to be done during the recruit action?

I played it as happening immediately.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries thanks, so basically all the troops recruited need to stay in the green city they were recruited in to fulfill that requirement. If I wanted to take the newly recruited unit would it cost 1MP for it to be "picked up"?

The other thing I was trying to get clear in my head was once you reduce a city DS to 0 it then costs a minor move to re build its defences (so stays at 0 until someone rebuilds it?) If this is the case I could reduce all the cities south to 0 take along the recruited troops and just drop off 1 in each city one my way back up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
No worries thanks, so basically all the troops recruited need to stay in the green city they were recruited in to fulfill that requirement. If I wanted to take the newly recruited unit would it cost 1MP for it to be "picked up"?

The other thing I was trying to get clear in my head was once you reduce a city DS to 0 it then costs a minor move to re build its defences (so stays at 0 until someone rebuilds it?) If this is the case I could reduce all the cities south to 0 take along the recruited troops and just drop off 1 in each city one my way back up?

I think the point of the troop you get instantly (also the way I played it) whenever you take a city (even the green ones which look like they belong to you but they must be taken in the usual way) is to maintain control of the city without you having to drop troops there to maintain control and further weaken your forces. Also, no need to do any rebuilding with your minor actions - since you have no opponents on the board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the end I played through the 1st scenario for the first time. I worked south and took all the green cities taking the recruited units along with the army (providing this doesn't cost 1MP to pick them up), this took up the first AM. Then I moved up to Babylon took that and left enough troops behind to occupy the green cities (using minor moves through the game to have one in each), the rest of the army then took Sippat, 2nd AM done. Then the army moved along to Hit, Mari, Tadmar and ended up in Tadmar to end the 3rd AM. Then they had a minor set back at Ribla though ended up taking it then took Byblos with 5 MP left on my last AM.

So after clearing up these questions I had I seemed to sail through without much drama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:

Yes, that's how I did it. Went down and built my army up to take all the small (green) cities, then dropped off my army to garrison as I made my way to take the capital, then continued onwards to the coast.

Took a few tries...

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls