Subject: Meat Damage & Apex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thematically speaking, what happened when you make Meat Damage on Apex ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvils Feldmanis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd say, you destroy some part of mechanical device. wich is important to apex survivability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thematicaly the ffg preview said they dont know what apex is.. it might be a brain in jar..

but book wise. think enders games..forgot the name of the computer AI jane?

who live in the phliotic entanglements between spaces

spoilers

Spoiler (click to reveal)
they try and kill it by turned off all the computers in the world the ones that that communicate between worlds that is, at the last momment I think they down load part of it to a single pc..or some such but it loses a lot of its self.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
I picture it like the last season finale of Person of Interest

Spoiler (click to reveal)
During what's essentially the final battle between the two AI, Samaritan finds out where The Machine has it's physical location and basically blows up the entire power grid in that side of the country to disable it

I pretty much picture someone using Scorch against Apex to work like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Muehlberg
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Apex is consuming computational power by assimilating various hardware. Lot's of people in the android universe have cybernetic implants that Apex can take control of. Because the hardware probably partially relies on the meatbag to function properly, when the host is damaged Apex is damage. At least that's how I see it if Apex is an AI.

As others have mentioned, we don't know what Apex is. Apex could be a brain in a jar, someone left jacked in, an alien, even an AI. If Apex isn't an AI, it has a physical body that can be damaged. If Apex is an AI, it will rely on its distributed hardware to exist, some of which belongs to some unlucky humans with cybernetic implants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
But if Meat Damage is blowing up Apex's hardware, wouldn't that mean that Flare, which does meat damage to meaty runners by blowing up their hardware, should do extra damage?

No, the only thing that makes sense is that Apex is a networked collective of hyperintelligent cuttlefish (hence the tentacles), and when you send out your Private Security Force they're squishing fishies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Muehlberg
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
But if Meat Damage is blowing up Apex's hardware, wouldn't that mean that Flare, which does meat damage to meaty runners by blowing up their hardware, should do extra damage?

No, the only thing that makes sense is that Apex is a networked collective of hyperintelligent cuttlefish (hence the tentacles), and when you send out your Private Security Force they're squishing fishies.

I would disagree that it does more damage. The meat damage doesn't harm Apex directly, just the host and the hosts hardware which in turn damages Apex.

That said, I love the cuttlefish idea and will now refer to Apex as the Cuttlefish Collective!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

It's like that South Park episode: Apex is a tank full of dolphins manatees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

It's like that South Park episode: Apex is a tank full of dolphins oh dammit it's manatees

They hack by pushing balls labeled 0 and 1 into a bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jetfire wrote:
Delaric wrote:
IncompleteUserNa wrote:

It's like that South Park episode: Apex is a tank full of dolphins oh dammit it's manatees

They hack by pushing balls labeled 0 and 1 into a bin.

You just gave me a great idea for Psi games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.