England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Re-read the manual last night after the first few plays and found something that threw up some confusion.

In the Towers section on page 43 it says;

"Ranged attacks can always reach onto or out [of]* a Tower, regardless of its listed Range."

This made me think that I had been playing incorrectly and anyone on the tower can use a ranged attack to hit anyone on the board (and vice versa). Then I read on page 44;

"Allies' Ranged Type attacks gain +1 Range when on a Tower"

Which obviously makes my previous assumption incorrect. But, I am confused as to what the former statement is trying to imply! Are you just trying to say that a ranged attack is allowed to and from a tower (unlike Melee at any range, or Supernatural at range 1)?

*The manual is missing the 'of' - such game breaking mistakes should be avoided ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm

I think you still need range to shoot into and out of the tower. It just means you can't hide inside the interior of the tower. At least that is what I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it just means that the tower itself doesn't cost against your ranged attack distance limtation. So a creature with a ranged attack distance of 1 at the top of the tower can shoot 1 space to the bottom of the tower, and vice versa; the tower itself costs no spaces shooting from or onto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

It means that unlike Melee, which can never reach into or out of a tower, Ranged attacks (even at range 1, which thus far doesn't exist; or 2, or 9) could reach into or out of one. Supernatural can only reach into or out of if the range is 2 or more.
Nothing grants unlimited range.

I do apologize for the typo there. Suck! Dude, we proofread about 27 times. We had about 12 proofreaders who went through 1-2 times, and I did at least 4-5 myself. In 64 pages though, it was bound to happen. That's what reprints are for, so I actually appreciate you pointing it out and giving a page ref.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.