6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Email submission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
Realistic speaking, how many games do u guys know that have been published that were shown to the publisher via email?

I know it is hard, but there ain't really a con around here, and i don't have many ways of traveling so i can go to one.
I have published some games locally and other non-board games but i'm trying to do things for real this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I discussed my game with a publisher through email (to gain interest), but then mailed a physical prototype to the company when it was ready (per their instructions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
Sorry, i could have been more clear.

With email submission i meant 'email for interest-> talk -> mailing a prototype'. That is easily doable for me.

Instead of what most people try to do that is going at cons and look for some publishers reps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nilton Andrade
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
James Mathe has a good list of publishers that accept submissions:

http://www.jamesmathe.com/courting-a-game-publisher-dos-and-...

It includes some 'profiles' about what kind of game each one is (not) looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tecocohen wrote:
Realistic speaking, how many games do u guys know that have been published that were shown to the publisher via email?

I know it is hard, but there ain't really a con around here, and i don't have many ways of traveling so i can go to one.
I have published some games locally and other non-board games but i'm trying to do things for real this time.

The only work I have a contract for was entirely submitted by e-mail (elevator pitch, full pitch, and game).

BUT.

The game was very small (17 cards) and I already knew the publisher well, so my experience is far from typical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
That i already know, but thnx.

The question is, does it really work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide