David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Buyers of the 2nd edition of AtB when it was first announced and available to pre-order on the Academy site were offered the solo expansion as part of the game purchase (excluding shipping costs).

Any of those buyers heard yet from Academy when they are going to make good on this offer? I was one and haven't heard a peep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Burns
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few weeks ago I contacted Academy to cancel my Solo Expansion Pre-Order... Kari kindly reminded me that I had pre-ordered it when I bought ATB2 and that offer still stood, all I needed was to pay the $15 shipping. I had completely forgotten the whole "free w/order of ATB2"! I naturally cancelled my cancellation and now am hoping to receive it sometime this month. I hope, at least...

Perhaps an email to Kari (or customer service) just to check on your order status? I sometimes wonder if their order system is set up in such a way that you just need to poke them to get some attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat and haven't heard anything. I confirmed with Academy that my order was still valid in autumn last year though so I assume it'll come eventually ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there is always next August :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had preordered the Solo expansion and just last week received an email telling me that they expect it to be shipping at the end of the month (at least in Toronto anyhow). I actually added the Firefight generator to my order as well. I'm not sure how this works if you purchased it "bundled" with the main game... drop Academy games an email, they are really helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
I had preordered the Solo expansion and just last week received an email telling me that they expect it to be shipping at the end of the month (at least in Toronto anyhow). I actually added the Firefight generator to my order as well. I'm not sure how this works if you purchased it "bundled" with the main game... drop Academy games an email, they are really helpful!

It works, I did exactly that. I sent them an e-mail and they suggested I just mention it as a comment in the pre-order for the Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear – Firefight Generator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I waited and waited but now I'm just not gonna bother. For me it's $25 postage and then on top of that will be import duty (last time this happened I paid £23 on a single game). So free is just too expensive for me. It'll probably be cheaper for me to buy it in my FLGS.

Shame really as I bought it purely because of the solo expansion, 3 years later and the box is just gathering dust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Buyers of the 2nd edition of AtB when it was first announced and available to pre-order on the Academy site were offered the solo expansion as part of the game purchase (excluding shipping costs).

Any of those buyers heard yet from Academy when they are going to make good on this offer? I was one and haven't heard a peep.

I was starting to get annoyed and frustrated about it. Especially when people were getting copies of the game at Gen Con and I had paid for it years ago.

I called them to see what the issue was. I had a good conversation with them about it and felt reassured after. Still slightly annoyed about people buying it at Gen Con but I at least understood why.

I recommend doing the same...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked mine up at the WBC and paid $15. I didn't want to hold up the line of others waiting to get theirs so rather than ask Uwe, I emailed Kari.

She explained that they incurred shipping costs from Shanghai that they weren't expecting when they made the free offer so they were asking people who preordered (with 2nd ed. CoH) to pay $15 for the shipping from Shanghai even if picking up in person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garry wrote:
To be honest, I waited and waited but now I'm just not gonna bother. For me it's $25 postage and then on top of that will be import duty (last time this happened I paid £23 on a single game). So free is just too expensive for me. It'll probably be cheaper for me to buy it in my FLGS.

Shame really as I bought it purely because of the solo expansion, 3 years later and the box is just gathering dust.

They are meaning to ship it from within Europe I believe, you shouldn't have to pay duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSpy wrote:
Garry wrote:

They are meaning to ship it from within Europe I believe, you shouldn't have to pay duty.

I can confirm shipment for Europe will be done from Germany, so shipment will be duty free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was invoiced a few months ago for the shipping costs (despite being told it would ship with the scenario generator that I bought). Then my credit card got changed and I have ben unable to contact them. I am not really sure what will happen.

In another thread it was mentioned that they are a couple of weeks from shipping and that all preorders will ship before anything goes retail. Again, I am not sure what that means.

Great games. Mysterious company. I have never heard anything bad about the people behind Academy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,
I hope I can answer most of your questions about the solo preorder and its shipping. The shipment was last reported to be in Nebraska, so we expect to receive it next week at which point we will begin shipping to all people that preordered the game or will receive it as part of their purchase of Awakening the Bear 2nd edition. If you also preordered the Firefight Generator, it will be shipping at the same time as the Solo. If your preorder is being shipped to Europe, it will be sent from Germany and will be duty free.
We had several Solo and Firefight Generator Games air freighted to us which we made available for preorder pickup at this summer’s game conventions. We do this advanced shipment so that we can check the quality before the whole print run is produced and shipped. We also made these copies available to reviewers who have given it raving reviews. We highly urge you to check the reviews out on BBG and Youtube.
If you have any questions please email us at sales@academygames.com or call us at 419-307-6531.
Gunter Eickert
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bowen
msg tools
In early July, I recieved a polite confirmation that my order was being honored from my AtB purchase a couple of years ago along with some useful advice about how to get it processed. As long as the wait has been, this year I am buried in interesting new games. I can wait but I am interested in seeing and playing it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.